When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How accurate is the Navitimer World?

markcold

recessed DW

weak A/R

mis-matched bezel numbers

but i don't care, it still holds immense appeal to me

here's my older stock one

100_3266-1.jpg

Don't lie, this is Hackr's one with the Chief AR... Noting stock about this beauty. An hour or two earlier and it would have been mine :)

The Navitimer World is close to my heart as my favourite Navi. In this time of larger watches, the 46mm wears very nicely indeed :)

Chrono hit the three major issues, and has already ticked off 1 of 3 courtesy of the Chief A/R coating on his.

Apparently there is the possibility to fix the datewheel (search "Navi World datewheel mod") by gluing a Lello on top of the existing wheel, there are many (and far more informative) forum threads dedicated to this, I'd like to do this on mine but all the good modders are in Europe and the States and Customs are scary monsters who steal watches from innocent people like us :)

The rep dial is pretty amazing, on a bracelet it looks a million bucks. All all the Navitimers (incl Montbrillant, Legende, Navi base, World, etc), the World is probably the nicest, IMHO. You'll love it.

Good luck.

Additional mechanism for the gmt hand scares me. I wonder if we can put in a eta 7754 movement in this watch. Any thoughts?

Mine seems fine, I haven't read about them having any particular problems. A Franken Navi World with a 7754? I like where you're going with this ;o)

I would say that the caseback shape may be to accommodate the extra GMT module, as the movement sits lower.

To make a good franken, you'd need to replace the dial and movement with gens, replacing one wouldn't work, as the A7750 date width is different to the 7754, so the gen movt needs a gen dial (judging from the Navitimer talk by andreww and others)

I'd say a dial, hands and movement swap would be possible, but not sure how they'd line up in the case, might sit too low compared with the A7750. The only way is to try, I would definitely get a nodded version of this watch if it were available, I think the Navi World is a favorite amongst the RWG forum ;o)

Don't lie, this is Hackr's one with the Chief AR... Noting stock about this beauty. An hour or two earlier and it would have been mine :)

haha not lying @ all, I do have hackR's double AR'ed/Vac'ed up Navi but this one was actually my old one, all stock and just a photographic miracle

here's both of them side by side

100_3288-1.jpg

on a related note, the case back spells Moscow as MoscUw but that's an easy fix

haha not lying @ all, I do have hackR's double AR'ed/Vac'ed up Navi but this one was actually my old one, all stock and just a photographic miracle

here's both of them side by side

100_3288-1.jpg

on a related note, the case back spells Moscow as MoscUw but that's an easy fix

To the OP... Chronoluvvv is so obsessed with Navi Worlds, he has TWO! :):drinks: They're worth obsessing over, they're brilliant.

On a side note, I just received a bracelet and have tried to fit it using a lug bar tool, with no success. My spring bars are slightly too big, can anyone tell me what actual size they need to be? (in mm?) total length before compressing. It's doing my head in trying to fit them.

Cheers! :drinks: :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...