When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how tight should a bezel be to the crystal

FxrAndy

It really depends on the angle of the slope where the crystal meets the case, if the slope is shallow, then you can seat the bezel even if it just fits over the start of the crystal. If the crystal slope is steep, even if the bezel fits halfway down the side of the crystal with finger pressure, you won't be able to seat it fully.

Most aftermarket crystals either have too steep a slope to start with, or once installed they extend too far from the case, my experience has been, the bezel has to fit at least 3/4 of the way down, with finger pressure, before I will attempt to press it fully on, if the bezel wont' go down at least to 3/4 and you try and seat it, the crystal will crack, or it won't seat fully and get jammed up...

I don't go by size differences, I use the depth of bezel seating with fingers as my guide...

That makes sense. Good info.

I just put a gen T-21 on my DW 6265 and the bezel went about 2/3 of the way down with finger pressure... then a little squeeze with the press, and i didnt have to force anything and its nice and tight. I never really thought about the angles, but i will have a look the next time i swap one.

dizz