When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any thoughts on this Ulysse Nardin quartz chrono?

cougaree

When I first got into reps I purchased a quartz SMPO,my first rep, and a Hublot BB,again quartz. I gave the SM to a friend and I rarely wear the BB. They just dont feel right. Expensive(realative) high end Swiss timepiece Is not going to be operated by a battery. If you dont have a problem with quartz reps then go for It,they look good. :drinks:

When I first got into reps I purchased a quartz SMPO,my first rep, and a Hublot BB,again quartz. I gave the SM to a friend and I rarely wear the BB. They just dont feel right. Expensive(realative) high end Swiss timepiece Is not going to be operated by a battery. If you dont have a problem with quartz reps then go for It,they look good. :drinks:

+ they also come with a closed caseback!!!unlike the automatic 21j models :black_eye:

Hey Max, i've been meaning to ask you, you have got the UN 45MM from Josh and since in a couple of days (my order has just been released from customs)i will get mine, what is your first hand opinion on this rep?

I payed a vist to my local AD and tried the gen (black dial with rubber strap) and to be honest i was kinda disappointed.I mean, i have

handled reps that look and feel more gen than the GEN UN 45, and the mvnt, well nothing special just a modified re-finished to the UN standards ETA.Gen worths around 7200 euros btw.

What is your opinion regarding the rep?

Pm me if you'd like, i wouldn't want to hijack the OP's thread!!! :pardon:

Sorry Cougaree :pardon:

I would have to say that the UN maxi Is the best rep for the money that I own,excellent replication :good: I do think the gens are grossly over priced for what you get. But I feel that way about many gens. That being said It Is a very nice watch, It has better than average ar and lume and the ss bracelet that came with mine Is also very nice. I soaked mine In mineral oil over night and used some light sandpaper to smooth out the edges,smooth as butter baby :thumbsupsmileyanim: The exhibition caseback Is also done very well. The movement Isn't spot on of course but they did a nice job non the less. The bezel Is also nice and tight with steady firm clicks. The 23j movement keeps very good time with the a nice smooth sweeping second hand.let us know what you think of yours when you get It. I really dont think you can buy a better rep for the money,hope this helps :drinks: Mike

I would have to say that the UN maxi Is the best rep for the money that I own,excellent replication :good: I do think the gens are grossly over priced for what you get. But I feel that way about many gens. That being said It Is a very nice watch, It has better than average ar and lume and the ss bracelet that came with mine Is also very nice. I soaked mine In mineral oil over night and used some light sandpaper to smooth out the edges,smooth as butter baby :thumbsupsmileyanim: The exhibition caseback Is also done very well. The movement Isn't spot on of course but they did a nice job non the less. The bezel Is also nice and tight with steady firm clicks. The 23j movement keeps very good time with the a nice smooth sweeping second hand.let us know what you think of yours when you get It. I really dont think you can buy a better rep for the money,hope this helps :drinks: Mike

Thanks Mike!!!

I will post pics and a small review based on the little GEN experience i had at my local UN AD as soon as i get the watch.

Josh sent me qc pics and it seems that the watch runs +4/day :drinks:

Thanks again and please Cougaree accept my apologies for this small thread hijack :yu:

Thanks Mike!!!

I will post pics and a small review based on the little GEN experience i had at my local UN AD as soon as i get the watch.

Josh sent me qc pics and it seems that the watch runs +4/day :drinks:

Thanks again and please Cougaree accept my apologies for this small thread hijack :yu:

Your welcome,looking foward to your review :thumbsupsmileyanim: Sorry about the hijack Cougaree :pardon:

I think that only we guys stare at someone else's watch long and hard enough to tell if it is quartz or automatic. (I also think we are the only ones who actually care)

I saw a guy (yes, a guy) over the weekend with a white ceramic 38mm J12 with a ticking seconds hand. (He was also sporting a bright red iPhone leather case...) I may be wrong but I believe that only 33mm and some iced-out 38mms (without seconds hand) use quartz movements.