When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

panerai crystal replacement

Defender110

old school 192, Real Ti Case, long discontinued, from HONPO

I like this watch so much its a daily beater for me even over my gens.

i would like to get it serviced soon and when i do i would like to get it lumed and maybe try and find a better crown(thicker, and in ti) and get some AR on the crystal.

cheers! and enjoy the quick shot... Not many of these exist!

post-1967-006711400 1284735522.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Where can i get a new crystal for 212? Mine is broken and i can't find mineral crystal for pam 212 anywhere. Please guys help me out....

Jacksontse or Helenerou mate.

Just email them. Try Jackson first :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A guy on RG did a tute on it.

didn't Tanya drop into a 296 PAM one of these crystals w/cyclops?.....Noobie was selling it...it look real good, no raised lippage syndrome.....Tanya did a side by side to his GEN 296 and it looked 98%...except for that AR

Tanya's was a v2 ultimate crystal not the ebay crystal... Gen auto pams with cyclops take 3.5mm thick crystals and reps take closer to 2.5mm... there's no exceptions.

Tanya's was a v2 ultimate crystal not the ebay crystal... Gen auto pams with cyclops take 3.5mm thick crystals and reps take closer to 2.5mm... there's no exceptions.

here's the post I was referring to: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=112748

actually it's a DSN 240 with a WO crystal....and your right, the auto Rep PAMs are Ok with these crystals...the problem is with the manual Rep PAMs...the crystal is too thick

you can buy one if you want but they will not fit in an auto rep cases period. They are Gen replacement crystals... Gen auto crystals are roughly the same thickness as manual crystals... 3.5mm thick... rep auto crystals are about 1mm thinner... if a WO auto crystal would fit in a rep case then you'd have seen dozens of builds featuring a Gen auto crystal as well as dozens of WO crystals... but there has been to this day, zero auto builds with either crystal. Gen manual crystals will fit a lot of rep cases because the rep crystals for manual reps are roughly 3.5mm thick. I currently own all the crystals I've mentioned and have posted all this information before... just a warning for anyone who is contemplating wasting $145...

here's the post I was referring to: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=112748

actually it's a DSN 240 with a WO crystal....and your right, the auto Rep PAMs are Ok with these crystals...the problem is with the manual Rep PAMs...the crystal is too thick

no offense to Tanya or Rex but that's definitely not a WO crystal...

oh stop... heh that's still a possibility... :)

Yeah way back in time... in the very beginning of Pam reps... someone decided along the way to make the Pam auto cases to accept a crystal that's about 2.5mm thick so that a cyclops could be glued to the underside... this was before the sandwich crystals came out. This thinner than Gen auto cryatal tradition of sorts continued... so now if you have a Gen auto crystal or WO auto crystal you'll need a Gen case to use it... unless you're ok with about 1mm of crystal sticking out the top... that's why the only decent options for a rep auto case are DSN's newest 2 piece crystal (slightly better than horrible) or the legendary ultimate crystal (which means you'll have to buy an entire watch and sell off the extra parts). The sad part is the rep cases can't even be machined to accept a Gen crystal as theres not enough metal :(