When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC pics of DSSD from Trevor inside

P4GTR

I own this watch from Trevor and sport it as my daily. The end links fit accuractly in representation to the gen. The sel's may fall .25-.50 mm short of the bottom part of the bezel as when compared to the gen, but that's being pretty damn picky. Its a fantastic rep especially for the money when compared to the other dssd's being offered. It's a substantial watch and you wont forget you're wearing it (220grams). The 2 imperfections are of course the pearl, and some of the single digit dates and mid-twenty dates are VERY SLIGHTLY misaligned and lay in the upper right hand corner of the date box.

1.) Do yourself a favor and immediately remove the bezel and pearl via heat and secure them with a more significant epoxy. The glue used by the factor is pretty weak and offers an opportunity for loss. Dont get the epoxy down inbetween the rotating bezel and watch frame though...or you will no longer be able to move the bezel.

2) Use the epoxy to seal the HE Valve. Im an idiot and was able to do it. Just remove the case back via a tennis ball with duct tape around it (this was the cheapest way I found)and remove the movement brace. You dont even have to take the movement out. Just leave it in and use a needle or pin to "fill up" the inside of the HEV. Try not to let the epoxy settle out of the HEV hole because it just makes it more difficult to get the movement brace back into place. While you have the back off lube the o-rings, there are two that face each other on the inside of the case back. one is clear and one is the default black. Let the epoxy dry and you have a fully functional dive watch.

I took mine swimming for the first time yesterday and its the first rep ive never had an issue with...makes me like my rep even more. I think you'll like the watch and trevors services...he comes highly recommended.

\

all the best, wear it well