When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Day Date / Datejust

red series 3

stilty is a great guy to deal with, he helped me a lot in the process of building a franken 16234.

I am sure he can help you source the parts you want.

I've sent Stilty a p.m, so i will wait for a reply.

Can anyone offer tips of where to buy a set of hands and the H4 gear set to get the hands to clear the dial.

Other than that i just need the movement ring and a date wheel or overlay and a clasp for a gen jubilee bracelet and a gasket set.

I've sourced a movement, I'm in Australia and the exchange rate today was great!

The bits and pieces should start arriving soon.

Appreciate any help.

I can't believe this forum has been around and i didn't know about it

With a 16000 DJ case, you can fit a 2836-2 in there fairly easily. It lines up well with the crown/stem hole. Datewheel overlays can be bought from cubic-works.com for $20 or so. Clarks' sells hands (Tudor) which fit etas for $14 or so.

P1000247-1.jpg

Left is a 16013 franken and right is a 16014 with the white gold fluted bezel. I didn't change out the pinions, the hour hand is inside the markers and the minute hand clears them. The plastic spacers on cheap reps will also work if you can't get ahold of Stilty- he's not always around.

Alligoat thanks for the tips.

The 16014 on the right looks pefect. That is exactly what i am looking to achieve.

The case bracelet and dial i bought off ebay arrived today. It wasn't the way i had hoped it would be with the case having scratches where the bezel has been pryed up on both sides. The dial is also marked in a way that would make it unusable with a scratch around the base from 4 - 7 o'clock and some solvent burn at the 6 o'clock mark.

Fun Fun Fun

Great minds think alike, thats what I did :)

Using the 2834 for a watch I m making from parts, shame to waste it as the bulova I bought was toast to start with.

Good luck.

I thought there where two different size cases in these bulova's a 36mm and a 38mm i've noticed your project in the pro hunter case and wondered which you bought?

Did you try and fit the movement to a datejust case. It would fit if it fits the submariner case.

But it won't work with a day date dial? Thats what i am hoping to do with the movement.

I'm sure it will need a bit of custom work on the day wheel.

And... i was looking about and eta lists the 2836-2 and the 2824-2 as fitting the same datewheel so shouldn't this mean the 3135 datewheel will fit both movements. Whatcha think an eta day and date wheel to demonstrate

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A quick update on this project.

I have sourced 99% of the parts needed. I've got a movement a stilty spacer a gen date wheel dial hands bracelet.

Its been an adventure along the way let me tell you.

But i've been stumped on the new wheels required to get the hands to clear the dialIMG_2586c.jpg

I tried using the part numbers from this pic.

It was posted by another user on the forum but all the eta dealers i have contacted asking for these parts say the part numbers are no good that they are an internal eta number and they can't help me.

I have got the spec sheet from eta on the 2824 movement and they list hand fitting heights by number like a 1 ,2 ,3 ,4, 5, 6 with normal written next to 2 i was thinking the 4 size would probably be correct but i am unsure how to communicate it to a parts supplier the spec sheet lists the cannon pinion as a size of 2,70 the legend lists all dimensions in mm but why are they using a comma i already tried to order the height 4 set and felt silly when they had no idea what i was talking about.

Thanks again guys