When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SSD crystal upgrade

marcoxxx1984

I dont believe the aftermarket crystals will fit because the SSD is not built to gen specs in that regard. Try contacting BK in the dealer section to see what he recommends and if he has come up with a replacement yet. The only reason i would see to replace the crystal would be to get rid of that silly etched crown at 6 o'clock.

dizz

Thanks!

I would replace the crystal is the low height of the rep crystal... I compared it to gen and this is at least 1mm higher and shinier

Better you should take out the bezel insert and file it down. It will then sit properly and the crystal height will appear higher.

yeah I agree with kbh, take the insert out.. lay some 400grit sandpaper on your work bench. use your fingers to scrub the insert back and forth on the sandpaper, turning it occasionally. it doesnt take long to remove the material on the back of the insert. Take off 1mm as you say, and your insert will be nicely sunken into the bezel and also the crystal will apprear higher.

I dont believe the aftermarket crystals will fit because the SSD is not built to gen specs in that regard. Try contacting BK in the dealer section to see what he recommends and if he has come up with a replacement yet. The only reason i would see to replace the crystal would be to get rid of that silly etched crown at 6 o'clock.

dizz

I asked BK about this very issue and he told me there were no options for replacement crystal.