When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AK47 per courrier

Rolexman

Ya, Glocks and Sigs are a dime a dozen. I don't know that I'd call Sig "the best" though. I wouldn't call any particular brand the best. The best handgun is the one that feels most comfortable in your hand and is easiest for you to control, which varies from person to person.

police and military seem to swear by the Browning HP for 9mm

a Benelli M4 Super 90 is a personal favourite of mine

police and military seem to swear by the Browning HP for 9mm

a Benelli M4 Super 90 is a personal favourite of mine

Glocks are used by police in many locales. 1911s of various makes are also common. American-made Berettas are still used by US military. Glock 22 and 23 are used by FBI... I'll have to confirm with my buddy at I.C.E. what the standard issue sidearm is there, but it's the Sig P229 if I recall correctly.

Personally, I like Glocks a whole lot. But my favorite gun for the range is a Ruger .22. Sig and Beretta definitely don't work as well for me. And I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to try a Browning.

• 4 months later...

I own a Glock 23, and it's a very reliable firearm. I hope I never have to fire it in anger, but have it and go to the range and practice regularly.

Buying guns legally in the States, you have to go to a local gun shop, where they do a background check before you can take it home. Thats a federal database to make sure your not wanted or a crazy person. You can buy online, but they dont ship to your door. It has to go to a FFL, federally lisenced firearm dealer, and you can pick it up there.

Back to the original subject, shipping lines are very "itchy" about containers with a customs declaration: "Small metallic parts" ;-)

However, some of them get through sometimes, through points of entry where controls are not very strickt or bribes are a common practice.

Then they just have to re-assembly the product again somewhere, often combining parts from several containers.

And of course, quite a number of guns comes from eastern Europe/Russia "all ground".

Edited by statos

Back to the original subject, shipping lines are very "itchy" about containers with a customs declaration: "Small metallic parts" ;-)

However, some of them get through sometimes, through points of entry where controls are not very strickt or bribes are a common practice.

Then they just have to re-assembly the product again somewhere, often combining parts from several containers.

And of course, quite a number of guns comes from eastern Europe/Russia "all ground".

Well it's a simple thought. I received dozens of iligal watches through Fedex. How big is the chance a hand gun e.g. Glock gets intercepted by customs. For instance what if I would ask a dear friend of mine in the States to send me a gun?..... :whistling:

• 1 month later...

old topic but ive been far far away, having just shot an AK47 in Cambodia and an M16 I would have to choose the latter in a battle of the assault rifles. less kick and NO barrel wobble. Wonder why the AK always takes the spotlight...

As an ex-infantryman, there are two reasons that leap to my mind:

1) AK-series weapons were designed to be made by stamping rather than machining (we all know about that here). Therefore they can be made very cheaply.

2) AK-series weapons can fire almost regardless of how clean they are. This is very important in the field.

That said, I'd absolutely choose the M16A2 over an AK-series rifle. It's a more accurate weapon, and the ammo is lighter.

But I think I'd rather have a 7.62mm M14 over either one because of the greater range, stopping power, and that I'm more of a "one shot at a time" guy.

Edited by ChipSlap

well i should have been more specific when i said "the best"

here in Sweden we have a form of shooting called "f�ltskytte" roughly translated it means field shooting(ironically it is mostly done in the forest). In "f�ltskytte" a group of people usually 4-5 walk a course and there will be stations where you stay and shoot on different targets (range, shape and how long they are shown) this is not done on time like practical shooting or combat shooting.

the gun that where considered the best for this special form of competition is the SIG Neuhausen P210 almost every active shooter here used that model since it was also perfect for target shooting (there are a bigger variety now but it is still considered among the best).

I agree that saying glock and sig are the best is wrong but they are hight quality firearms

The Sig 210 is no run of the mill police or military sidearm! The P210 has long been one of the most accurate handguns ever produced. I've seen accurized P210s put ten rounds into a 2" group at 50 yards.

Sig Sauer make fantastic firearms, and plenty of elite police and military units carry them (Dept. Of US homeland security, the JTF2, the Canadian MPs). Many police forces carry the Glock22, or the S&W M&P40- because they're very inexpensive purchased in quantities. Consumers can buy them new for about $550, (in Canada) and police forces pay much less.

I'm a firearms instructor, and while I wouldn't say Sigs are the best, I'm a huge fan of my Sig firearms. :)