When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Luming B&R03-92 hands - clearence issue

ALEX.CPA

Could anyone share experience of luming B&R03-92 hands ?

My watchsmith/modder has attempted to do best job with custom oredered CP and Hour wheels (i have B&R with 2836 ETA mvt) but it does not provide enough clearance. The hands will have to be tilted if lumed and watchsmith is not really pleased with doing it that way. I guess first Q is whether any amount of lume can be applied to the hands (AFAIK Hour and Minute only) at all to improve what came form the factory? Whoever had his/her B&R03 lumed, what was done with the hands? Were they lumed minimaly and tilted a tad and if so does it look that bad?

Any feedback will be helpfull!

Many Thanks

Alex

I agree mate, you shouldnt need to tilt it at all.

I assume you have a full lume hand model rather than the framed hands with lume inserts?

Is your WS sure you have recieved the correct custom parts?

The thing to remember is the B&R has a terrible rep for lume quality on the gens. Missing lume, no lume and poor strength. To be honest the lume you have on yours is probably the same as a lot of the gens. I say that because you have the 2836 version and this only comes from one factory which also has the best rep lume for the B&R plus AR and on the 01s the hex bolts on the CB.

I agree mate, you shouldnt need to tilt it at all.

I assume you have a full lume hand model rather than the framed hands with lume inserts?

Is your WS sure you have recieved the correct custom parts?

The thing to remember is the B&R has a terrible rep for lume quality on the gens. Missing lume, no lume and poor strength. To be honest the lume you have on yours is probably the same as a lot of the gens. I say that because you have the 2836 version and this only comes from one factory which also has the best rep lume for the B&R plus AR and on the 01s the hex bolts on the CB.

Corret custom ETA parts (CP and hpur wheel) were ordered but still did not provide enough clearance. And Yes I have a full lume hands model rather than the framed hands with inserts. Meantime even on 2836 model hands are lumed very very poorly by rep factory. Having said this I confirmed with members on other forums that hands had to be tilted ever slightly (some reported that even stock hands occasionaly rub). Kent Parks lumed B&R have hands tilted a bit.

Edited by ALEX.CPA

For cannon pinions, you have at least three sizes (possibly more?):

For hour wheels, I believe there are:

Depending on how much clearance over the dial/markers is needed (I believe the lumed dial numerals are a bit raised?) and how much clearance under the crystal present, you can have a potential .95mm clearance if using the 2.00/2.95 combo all the way to 1.44mm if using the 1.76/3.20 combination.

Corret custom ETA parts (CP and hpur wheel) were ordered but still did not provide enough clearance. And Yes I have a full lume hands model rather than the framed hands with inserts. Meantime even on 2836 model hands are lumed very very poorly by rep factory. Having said this I confirmed with members on other forums that hands had to be tilted ever slightly (some reported that even stock hands occasionaly rub). Kent Parks lumed B&R have hands tilted a bit.

Surprised at your comment on the lume mate... the 01s I have had have been upto gen standard, similar to the HBs produced at one time, just assumed 03s would be the same as I thought they were from same factory...

Never had the 03 as they are too small for me

I had my dial and hands lumed by Ken Parks. I then had a watchsmith to reassemble the watch, no clearance problems. The minute hand did come loss a year later and had to be reattached. The watchsmith complimented me on the quality of the rep. I think a good watchsmith shouldn't have a problem installing it, but I'm not expert. Best of luck.