When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Yachtmaster in the house!

jmarin.72

@Red, i was quite as sceptical while i was waiting for the watch to arrive since i had already had my share with a couple of daytonas.

But trust me Red this watch is in a major player, totally at a whole different level.Once i put it on my wrist it captured me.You need to

see the combination of the platinum/red/white/green luminus symphony taking place on the dial, it's mesmerising. :shock::wub:

I got to say, i have worn a lot of watches and this is the best, second to none Red.

I was also quite sceptical regarding the weight, i was reading all over the so-called "gen/WIS :yuk: forums" that this watch is heavy

due to the platinum bezel.That's a whole bunch of crap i say :bangin:

The actual weight of the gen bezel/insert is 10grams, 6 grams heavier than the Sub bezel.Gen i think weighs 144 grams, this one weighs 138 (i think)due of course to the ss bezel/insert which of course is made of SS.

I think those guys over there just think this watch is heavy, after all the bezel is made of pure platinum so it's got to be really HEAVY :bleh: ...yeah right :yawn:

@Toad BK standardize on a clarcks crystal,datewheel re-allignment,guarantee that the movement is a gen ETA.On earlier pieces he was using his

custom made crown but from what he told me he now uses the latest batch of crowns George supplies since it is almost identical.

But for me the most important thing is that BK is always there to help you solve any potential issues,and also gave me the :whistling: "D" word i told you in my pm :good: great gesture on behalf of Bert :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I recently had an issue with WM9/BK YM. The datewheel not snapping into the next date at midnight. It would hang inbetween dates. I sent it back to BK...and he not only replaced the entire movement, dial and hands (making sure the hour markers are aligned)...he let it run for 2 days testing it to make sure everything ran right. He sent me emails along the way to let me know how it was coming along and when he would ship it back. 5 days after he received it...I got an email saying its on its way back to me.

All I can say is not only the watch a work of art...BK is a consummate professional. He stands behind his work, with great communication and its done right.

Edited by DrJerry

I've always loved the look of the YM.

Its so gorgeous with it's metal bezel

You should get it then :clapping: this is a purchase you are not going to regret, ever :victory:

After i got the BK V3 and installed a gen insert i thought i would never find another rep to wear

without the thought that i might get called off....well...i was wrong!!!This replication is even better

and without even having to replace anything...although i am planning in the future some gen parts mods since

i consider this a definite keeper :1a:

I've spent hours and hours studing photos of the gen from every possible angle, could not find a single flaw

and we are talking about macro shots here where every little detail is visible!!!

The only thing i was worried about was the weight but like i said the difference is only around 6-8 grams so

no problem there as well.

You should get it then :clapping: this is a purchase you are not going to regret, ever :victory:

After i got the BK V3 and installed a gen insert i thought i would never find another rep to wear

without the thought that i might get called off....well...i was wrong!!!This replication is even better

and without even having to replace anything...although i am planning in the future some gen parts mods since

i consider this a definite keeper :1a:

I've spent hours and hours studing photos of the gen from every possible angle, could not find a single flaw

and we are talking about macro shots here where every little detail is visible!!!

The only thing i was worried about was the weight but like i said the difference is only around 6-8 grams so

no problem there as well.

i felt the same way with my BK LV. I think i have to stop staring at your YM and find parts for my vintage GMT master :whistling:

The actual weight of the gen bezel/insert is 10grams, 6 grams heavier than the Sub bezel.Gen i think weighs 144 grams, this one weighs 138 (i think)due of course to the ss bezel/insert which of course is made of SS.

I think those guys over there just think this watch is heavy, after all the bezel is made of pure platinum so it's got to be really HEAVY ...yeah right

And the dial too is made of pure platinum,quite easy to find an original one but very expensive.