When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modding Tt Blue Sub

this_sith

Guys,

I was pointed in this direction from a UK forum and am already addicted!!

The tutorials here have been so informative and helpful that I now have the confidence to mod my own rep.

I'm currently modding my TT Blue Submariner and am in the process of swaping out the Crown and Tube. The stem is looking a bit worse for wear and wondered if anyone knows where I can get replacement stems for the ETA 2836-2 movement?

I have already changed the bezel insert but have never been 100% happy with the dial on my TT (the m's don't line up). I'm also looking for opinions as to who provides the best looking dial for the TT Blue as this is the next mod on my list.

Many thanks

Post some pics when you can. Nice to see new members having guts to attempt the mods themselves. I guess the genuine dial would be the best option but I'm quite sure it won't fit the rep.

Our dealers don't sell parts separately...and I doubt the "aftermarket" dials are any better.

Try Cousins in the UK for a stem for the 2836.

Changing the dial can be a problem. I tried on a GMT and the date window didn't line up. You could buy a cheap donor watch w/ the asian 21j movt, and try the dial, but the dial feet won't be in the right place, and you're still taking a chance on date windows lining up. You could check out the dealer that you got the watch from- see if dials have improved, still no guarantees.

Try Cousins in the UK for a stem for the 2836.

Changing the dial can be a problem...You could buy a cheap donor watch w/ the asian 21j movt, and try the dial, but the dial feet won't be in the right place, and you're still taking a chance on date windows lining up....

There are two kinds of Rolex rep date wheels--the stock ETA or Asian wheels w/ some kind of attempt at a Rolex font printed on them and stock 2836 wheels affixed w/ an applied disk, also with a rolex font printed but with the numbers placed in the same place as per a Rolex movement. The former are too far to the right to use an OEM dial but the latter should work. In any case, the dial feet will have to be removed from the OEM dial and either replaced with stick-on feet or just glue.

I'm not searching for the perfect rep but when you know the dial isn't right you tend to notice it every day :-)

Perhaps I may sell the watch on and buy a new rep with more accurate dial and then do the crown and tube mod on that.

I've contacted Cousins who do sell the ETA 2836 stems for £1.50 ($2.80) for 3 plus VAT and postage. Very reasonable I think.

Thanks for the great responses guys.