When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with installing datewheel on ETA 2824

triplehd

OK - so i was able to successfully remove the datewheel on an ETA 2824. However, when installing a new datewheel, it looks like i installed it successfully. However, after a few turns of the crown (for date change) the datewheel will pop right off.

Any tutorials showing how to install the datewheel?

Didn't you ask the same question here? The 2824 and 2836 are similar when it comes to date wheel assembly. It's pretty straight forward. If you can get it off you can get it on. No tutorial needed. Unless there are some issues but I gave you my thought on the matter in your initial post. Apparently that wasn't satisfying.

Didn't you ask the same question here? The 2824 and 2836 are similar when it comes to date wheel assembly. It's pretty straight forward. If you can get it off you can get it on. No tutorial needed. Unless there are some issues but I gave you my thought on the matter in your initial post. Apparently that wasn't satisfying.

Hi Rolexman - I sent the 2836 to Speedy as i needed other work done on my Sub.

Im not familiar with this mod. The most i can do is remove and install dials and hands. I really dont want to mess up an ETA movement. Looking up a tutorial by Ubi, I was able to put it back on. However, when the date change, i dont hear it click. So even though it doesnt pop out from the movement, the datewheel will change. But doesnt click when changing.