When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken Panerai

pettsson

Hello!!

I have a broken pam!:(

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with this.

So my questions are,

Which movement do I have?

Which movements works with the case?

where do I find the movement that I need?

and how do I change it?

again I'd really appreciate if someone could help me:)

post-30848-059608700 1286648357.jpg

post-30848-032508500 1286648372.jpg

post-30848-052781600 1286648383.jpg

Never understood why some of these were called Open heart.

I could only tell if I saw the arm that runs across the incabloc

Never understood why some of these were called Open heart.

I could only tell if I saw the arm that runs across the incabloc

Thx Pete!

any help would be very helpful.

I got a few broken Pam reps, from a friend of mine and thought it would be a challenge to fix them.

I hope this photo could help you to identify the movement.

post-30848-014149100 1286661375.jpg

Pete,

They like to skeletonize the top plate and show the balance through the bottom or top cutout in the dial - hence the "open heart moniker".

@OP- ST25xx movements are supposedly very reliable and on top of that you wont find another PR module movement cheaply so I think you need to fix or replace this one with the same model.

Pete,

They like to skeletonize the top plate and show the balance through the bottom or top cutout in the dial - hence the "open heart moniker".

@OP- ST25xx movements are supposedly very reliable and on top of that you wont find another PR module movement cheaply so I think you need to fix or replace this one with the same model.

thx w0lf!

Ive been reading older the past hour posts about this movement and Ive understood that its not that crappy after all.. so Ive been searching for the seagull ST25 on the sites that u mentioned and a few other sites without result.

Do you have any other Ideas?

and if I do find it, is it possible to change it myself? or is it mission impossible for a newbie?

first, what's wrong with it? When you say it's broken what do you mean? It could be a simple fix depending on the problem.

Im not sure, it just dosny tic. and the reserve needle is off. ( I think you can see it through the glass on the photo I posted)

whats the most easy way to find out what the problem is with it? (without me breaking it even more;P)

the PR indicator is a simple fix. When was the last time it worked? How did it stop?

i think it was a week ago, ( alittle drunk accident, with watch falling down the floor with the glass down.)

and ive been scrwed on the wheel now for a while and it started to tic :D

could it be the automatic part thats broken only?

with a fall, it can be many things. So you tried manually wind it and it worked for a while which means it's probably something to do with power reserve but without servicing it will be impossible to tell.

I'm not sure how much a ST25 would cost but you probably will need someone to replace it for you. In terms of cost it may be worth to ask someone to take a look for you.