When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrew Bond Sub

perry563

I am waiting to recieve the latest BOND sub from Andrew. I also bought the correct Corvus BOND strap for the watch. I always wanted a Bond sub and to me this looks like the best out of the box version available. Can anyone who has this watch tell me about its pluses and minuses as compared with the gen?

Are the lug holes drilled the proper size?

What are the obvious flaws?

Does the Davidsen Brevet crown fit without further mods?

Is the bezel the correct thickness and if not where can I buy the correct size bezel? Does the correct size bezel fit without further mods?

Any other info that will help me out making this watch look closer to Gen I would greatly appreciate!

Can you post up some photos of the watch you're talking about? I don't know Andrew's pieces but I can for sure tell you if it's anywhere near accurate.

Here's an example... thin case, correct bezel size and lug hole sizing. This is the 6mm Twinlock crown, an 8mm Brevet crown would be much larger.

1.jpg

I got this one from Mary at Watchinternational and assume it's the same as Andrew/Joshua have. I turned it into a 6204, but the basics are there. The lug holes need to be opened, and you can slim the case down a bit. I took the crystal down to sit as it's supposed to, it was way too high, And the 'Rolex Brevet' crown is centered and looks good to me.

I got this one from Mary at Watchinternational and assume it's the same as Andrew/Joshua have. I turned it into a 6204, but the basics are there. The lug holes need to be opened, and you can slim the case down a bit. I took the crystal down to sit as it's supposed to, it was way too high, And the 'Rolex Brevet' crown is centered and looks good

I recieved mine a couple weeks ago. All in all it's rather pleasant & is a good representation of the 5508! Mine has the red triangle on the bezel insert & it's metallic, in reality the red is flat red not as recieved. I corrected mine w/ a steady hand, red acrylic paint & a new fabricated pearl in a carmel color..At less than $200 I'm delighted!.....Regards, mcotter