When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Automatic

redwatch

I just got this in today and I must say I am really impressed with the overall quality of this one. The fit and finish is superb. The decoration on the rotor and movement is so close to the gen it's very impressive. Feel wise it feels just like the gen I tried on about a month ago. The dial texture is beautiful and the lettering is very nice and crisp.

I purchase this one from Perfect Clones, along with a rep box and I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I will note one thing. There does seem to be a small scuff mark on the crown above the logo. I will be contacting Josh about that one for sure.

On to some pics :D

Aquaracer8.jpg

Aquaracer7.jpg

Aquaracer6.jpg

Aquaracer5.jpg

Aquaracer4.jpg

Aquaracer3.jpg

Aquaracer2.jpg

Aquaracer1.jpg

Excellent.

I've been considering that model as well.

That black version is great. Too bad the rep blue version is so inaccurate. It's a great looker.

The blue one is not even close to the gen. This one, though, is superb!!! :D I have to admit I really, really love this one!!

Turns out the mark at the crown above the logo was a little piece of sticky tape. A little rodico and some patience and it cleaned right up and looks perfect :D

Watch bracelet is all lubed up now and feels fantastic! Thanks P4 for the great tutorial with the Rock N Roll Lube :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The blue one is not even close to the gen. This one, though, is superb!!! :D I have to admit I really, really love this one!!

You're absolutely right. The black one is the only rep worth getting.

But the gen blue is :wub:

42989d1251874704-welche-uhr-en-komm-t-en-als-naechste-aquaracer_blue.jpg

I don't get it. If they can do the black one so good, why not the blue one???

Because they can't.

There has never been a decent blue dialed replica. The blue is ALWAYS too purple. They can't even make the blue bezel colors right, they're always too purple as well. :thumbdown: Maybe the WM9 blue TT Sub is accurate, I dunno...

Gen Aquaracer chrono vs. rep (on the right). The rep blue is nice but not even close.

1-14.jpg

Same with the Steelfish. That's why I had to buy the gens. I have an expensive blue dial fetish. :bangin:

Congrats...that's a good, slick, burly piece!!

Yes it is a very thick burly beasty this one! Not used to wearing a watch with solid midlinks. It is quite heavy, but very, very nicely balanced :thumbsupsmileyanim: Feels a lot like my old V5 DSSD, although it's not as thick as that one (which is why I let it go). This is a great daily beater watch :D

Does this version have the Swiss ETA because it definitely looks like they got the Saw type rotor bearing correct but is the movement decorated like the gen?

It's a Swiss ETA 2824. Now, whether or not it's a genuine ETA I haven't confirmed as of yet.

It's close, but it's not quite like the gen. I was surprised that it had the Saw Type teeth on the rotor bearing.

• 2 weeks later...