When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex DeepSea SeaDweller from Replicamake

AllergyDoc

This is my 3rd DeepSea. :rolleyes: The first one has blocky, thick numbers on the bezel. The second was a V3 with an Asian-ETA. I modded the bezel numbers to make them thicker but kind of botched the job.

This model is currently $88 from Replicamake, a dealer on RWI and RWG, plus shipping. It's well worth it.

I have two complaints: the steel is filthy and the clasp-lock piece is cheapie. The steel will probably clean up nicely with the bike lube treatment. I hope. The clasp lock, I don't know. I've improved it some with some needle-nose pliers but it's still kind of floppy.

But for $88?

The lume is great and all blue. You can barely hear the rotor. The screws came out easy. The glidelock clasp works great. The bezel numbers looks V3; a little thin. The pearl is a big improvement over my previous versions: not zitty.

5080244576_07ab73a6d0_o.jpg

5079650783_2ccd0ba49b_o.jpg

The "1" on the 10 might be a little crooked. No big deal to me.

5080190088_644ae7eb3f_o.jpg

See? Nice pearl:

5079595931_b823c73b92_o.jpg

Beveled date window:

5080189912_363e6190e1_o.jpg

Nice shiny watch:

5079595361_fcbfa2d979_o.jpg

5080094422_aa80a0b770_o.jpg

Seriously? $88?

Looks like an excellent purchase for the money.

Did you not want to pay extra for a Swiss movement or are you of the opinion that there's little difference between Asian and Swiss ?? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Depends on how often I think I'll wear a watch. If it's an occasional wear, I don't mind the 21J. My current thinking is, if I really like this one and wear it often I'll sell it and upgrade to BK's model.

Or not.

:lol: That's the fun with reps.