When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 236 / 250 A7753 Pre purchase questions

prado

Dear All,

I am about to get a 236 / 250 PAM Daylight from Josh, and I want to get both the bracelet as well as the leather strap, I wanted to know which version should I go for -> Should I buy the 250 and buy the metal bracelet separately or by the 236 with the bracelet and buy the strap separately?

Since I hear the rep straps are useless, I was considering some other locations for the strap ( some suggestions on the strap would be appreciated ), but I am concerned about getting a good quality deployant clasp?

So at this point I was considering buying the 236 and asking josh for the deployant clasp from the 250. This way I get the bracelet, and I can buy a real croc strap from elsewhere, and use it with the deployant clasp.

The other question pertains to getting a watch box.

Thanks in advance.

Best

I bought the version with the bracelet, though I found it to make the watch pretty heavy and it didn't suit me. I ended up putting the Pam on a custom strap, though it's nice to know I have the option to go back to the bracelet if I ever feel the need.

M.

I would buy the version with the bracelet and buy a good strap.

So at this point I was considering buying the 236 and asking josh for the deployant clasp from the 250. This way I get the bracelet, and I can buy a real croc strap from elsewhere, and use it with the deployant clasp.

This is the best route!! Have fun the purchase and keep us posted on the experience.

Definitely, get the bracelet with the watch...the strap will likely suck. he has some new PAM straps listed that might be better, but you would be best to get a strap from one of the people here. There are some good makers. The Watch Boys (listed in the links section) make good gen croc straps at very good prices. HKTan makes excellent custom straps but they may take awhile.

There are a few really good makers: Frogman, Wotancraft...all depends on what you like, how much money you want to spend, etc. Check the links section for some ideas...and check the forum main page for listings of dealers that do straps.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for participating in it.

This is the best route!! Have fun the purchase and keep us posted on the experience.

Definitely, get the bracelet with the watch...the strap will likely suck. he has some new PAM straps listed that might be better, but you would be best to get a strap from one of the people here. There are some good makers. The Watch Boys (listed in the links section) make good gen croc straps at very good prices. HKTan makes excellent custom straps but they may take awhile.

There are a few really good makers: Frogman, Wotancraft...all depends on what you like, how much money you want to spend, etc. Check the links section for some ideas...and check the forum main page for listings of dealers that do straps.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for participating in it.

You always give good advice!