When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i am looking for a good out the box rep HELP!

mariano86

Hi Mariano and welcome to the forum. Start with the Noob Guide linked in my signature to start.

The question you ask is one of the most oft asked ones to new members on the forum. The problem is, that there are so many "ifs" and "buts" to qualify any answer, that there really is no "right" answer.

• How much are you willing to spend?
  • Do you care if it comes from China for customs or do you need it posted from North America or the EU?
  • Which model? DSSD? SD? Milgauss? Daytona? Vintage?
  • Do you care which movement or do you want to stay away from certain ones?
  • All reps have issues, which ones will bug you the most? Datefont? Bracelet? Crown Guards?

There are lots of questions that need to be answered and the answers are all individual to the asker...

The budget DSSD and Milgauss options I think are some of the best values out there. They have an A21j movement...which may be an issue for you, but at <$150...are VERY accurate, and well built.

The new budget 1655 Steve McQueen is a smokin' deal for what was a very hard rep to obtain...great datewheel, case, dial, bracelet...but it's a modified GMT a21j movement...that may be an issue...maybe not.

The ETA options are better...but more money...is that an issue for you?

You get the idea...part of the fun in this hobby is the quest and the learning that goes with the journey.

Enjoy it, have fun, share your experiences with the rest of us.