When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 250 (or 236)

panerai

I haven’t purchased a rep for 4 years.... up until four weeks ago!!! Just got an AP ROO and the new Panerai 250, very impressed with both of them. The AP was dead on arrival (second sub dial would freeze at the 25 second mark every 15 minutes) but I sent it back to Josh (Perfect Clones) in China who repaired it and sent it back.

I was in Firenze in July on holidays and my wife had given me the green light to buy a genuine 250 from Panerai’s AD in the main square. I must have gone to the store 3 times but ultimately thought if I wait I'm sure they will release a better rep of the model - actually I thought $5000 euro was a little steep and I was a little peeved at the customer service.

The closeness to the authentic 250 or is it 236 is amazing, I can't tell the difference - well I can but overall the differences are inconsequential when you take price into account.....

img6271s.jpg

A wrist shot:

img6282a.jpg

img6273ml.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by panerai

Yes, these new Daylights are just unbelievable quality, especially for the money! My old first generation thick bezel a7750 Daylight sold for $550 not that long ago and now we have same thick bezels, cooler movements and ton of other improvements for far less! Better CG, better crown, better dial, working date change pusher, better caseback, just GREAT!

Mine says hi:

day2l.jpg

These daylight models are amazing. This is definitely next on my list. Like the SS bracelet with the 236.

Just curious how the quality is on the rep croc strap is.

Put the rep croc out of your head mate, total waste of time!!!! Get the bracelet or rubber, personally I would order the 236 and an extra rubber with deployant. If you want the OEM alligator then get OEM nothing else matches it IMHO. Pick them up used on Risti or here etc.

If you go Panatime etc remember these arent real just printed so they are no comparison to reall Alli like the gen.

If you want the next best option to gen then go to Hirsch they actually make the gen straps for Panerai so thier branded ones are pretty close and slightly cheaper!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

These daylight models are amazing. This is definitely next on my list. Like the SS bracelet with the 236.

Just curious how the quality is on the rep croc strap is.

The rep strap is complete rubbish but the deployant is excellent. I should of gone with the rubber with the deployant.....

The rep strap is complete rubbish but the deployant is excellent. I should of gone with the rubber with the deployant.....

Yup, get the rubber strap on deployant. Than check some of those TWB genuine alligator straps (The Watch Boys) both on eBay and their Web site.

For the money, they're hard to beat...and they make the ones for deployant as well as different lengths.

That failing, go gen Panerai alligator, these are probably the best ones available.

Yup, get the rubber strap on deployant. Than check some of those TWB genuine alligator straps (The Watch Boys) both on eBay and their Web site.

For the money, they're hard to beat...and they make the ones for deployant as well as different lengths.

That failing, go gen Panerai alligator, these are probably the best ones available.

+1 but try Hirsch as well you can get good deals if you shop about and they are the makers of the gen PAM straps so they are as close as you will get :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Also agree on that deployant it looks more gen than my gen ones!!!