When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chanel J12 Asia or Swiss?

rtabdo

Hey Everyone,

So I'm thinking about picking up a Chanel J12 Automatic for my wife and I wanted to ask you guys your opinion on movements. PureTime has two options available. One is Asia 2836-25J auto movement 28000 AND Swiss ETA 2836-25J Auto 28000. It costs 60 bucks more for the Swiss. Is it worth getting?

Also, I know we shouldn't be "promoting others" but if anyone feels there is a better dealer out there for this watch, let me know!

Thanks everyone :-)

IMHO, it's not worth paying more for the Swiss movement. Unless your wife is actually interested in watches, she won't care as long as it tells the time, and Asian movements do that just fine :good: Can't really suggest any different dealers for this watch, so I'll just say go with the price you like, and I'm sure all will be well :good:

Agree with Ubi, and your wife probably won't notice the difference.

If she's not into watches, you may even want to get a quartz version (!!!), it saves you having to explain that it needs winding and will die a couple days later if not worn etc

• 2 weeks later...