When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New version Bracelet - Not doing it for me !

PeteM

I have been using the new version bracelet on my 250 and swapping with the older style. I have to say the new one just doesnt do it for me.

The main reasons I think are the CG accents on the older styles link seem to give the watch character and blend well with the overall style and look of the watch.

It also seems to give the watch a much better look in terms of quality and although the thickness is comparable to both, the older style seems to have much more wrist presence and a bigger feel to it. and the lug links seem weaker in looks too...

Any one got opinions on their preference and why?

I like to design of the old one as well. It might be only me but, since movement engraving method on munual winding model, Panerai try to do it more simple as much possible compare to e-g series engraving toward those h series onward...

To be honest, I like those old series engraving than the new one. :whistling:

Totally agree on that :thumbsupsmileyanim: Much prefer to look at those old engraved bridges..

Pretty much same sentiments here, Pete.

The main links on the old bracelet were made to resemble the traditional OP CG design, and boy did they do a good job back then. You don't have to see the watch to which it is attached to know that it's the Panerai bracelet.

The new one could belong to any watch brand, IMO. It's true that it's more streamlined with simpler lines and design features but it lacks the charisma of the old-style one.

This must be one of those examples 'if it ain't broken..." :)

I definitely like the old style better... but if I could have found a Ti new style I would have bought it just to have... I think they were trying to make the bracelet extremely subdued with the new style so the bracelet is more like a basic metal strap than a part of the watch... I get where they're going with it but I just don't think that's the nature of bracelets.

I like the newer one.

I like the old one too but i think i prefer the new one in style. I don't mind a bit a of bling but i think the older style's blingyness contrasts with the design ethic of subtle but bold Pams. The never style bracelet i have is probably the best rep bracelet i own quality wise. It feels gen (not that that i know what the gen actually actually feels like). Its just solid and smooth - you know?

The part i want to add to this discussion is actually about the older style bracelets and build quality. One of my first reps was 113 with an incorrect 24/24 bracelet. i have a newer 24/22 that came with the pam 220 ult. it's better in many ways but i don't like to wear it, in fact i haven't worn it - swapping it out for the older, less accurate one. Becuase its lighter and feels solid, there is more give and curve between links.

design wise, i think the new style suits the pam design ethic much better. the bracelt doesn't over power the watch.

I am all for the simple design that OP are so liked for (especially by me!! ;) )

But I do think as K says that the idea of the new one was in the spirit of OPs design ethos of simple but strong (subdued) etc but I just think its missed the boat and is more bland than simple strength which is what I like in the OP !!

Take the 352 or the 328, I can see the logic with the old style case but still just not there for me :(

I like most of us put the strap above the bracelet but I think it has a place on some of the models. I do think the older style never overpowered the watch but more complimented it the newer one seems to remind me of when I was a kid and when I broke the strap of my watch my Dad came back with one of those orrible elastic bracelets YUCK!! Those as this newer style do nothing for the watch IMHO :)

I am more than willing to trade a brand new (old style) bracelet for one of the new style ones.

I much prefer the new style and was actually looking at a gen, but for $1100 it didnt seem like a great idea.

Ooooo now that would be painful.......

Actually now I think of it I wouldnt of thought twice on paying that for a Speed bracelet but I would on that newer PAM bracelet, I guess its the speed looks actually worth that sort of money!! The new style one dont...