When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Siblings

offshore

Another couple of fine old ladies graced the doorstep at Offshore's today.

Two more classics from Seiko.

post-13-025389400 1288090400.jpg

On the left is the older sister, a '61 #66-9990, manual wind.

An ebay purchase, for very few $, she went through the spa, had a new crystal fitted, and awaits a minor op on the keyless works tomorrow.

Her larger and (marginally) younger sibling on the right, is a '71 7005-2000, auto wind. also went through the spa, and has a new crystal and strap.

Quite amazing that both these watches, which haven't been used for at least 10 years, fired up and are running under 10sec/day.

I will give them a clean as a matter of course, however these old Seiko movements really are bullet proof, I reckon these 2 would go another 50 years, without touching them.

Really love these old plain face, simple design ( uncluttered) watches.

Classical understated elegance.

Offshore

S, Yes, very much so.

Mores the pity that some of the reps don't come out with Seiko movements...don't think Mr Seiko actually sells his stuff for anything else but replacement parts....Hmmm, I'll have to ask if I can buy a complete movement! whistling.gif

That watch on the left, had obviously been a mechanics watch. The bracelet was black and FULL of grease...took a few plunges in the spa, and a bit of scrubbing to get it clean. Even all the joins at the caseback and bezel were full, but none had found its way inside.

Both of them are front entry BTW. Clip the bezel off,including the crystal, clip the back and release the stem and voila!

Obviously I got a bit heavy handed with the stem release, hence the "keyless works" op tomorrow.

The crystal was scratched to hell, and cracked, but I found a replacement in the plexi box, as well as one for the 7005-2000.

I had a gold '71 model the same recently, sold it for very good $$, and unfortunately, as much as I love these two, they will be "on the block" this weekend.

Gotta eat!

Offshore.

Very nice buys.... theres something about those older Seikos.

I have an old one I got that I bought on eBay and I still am not sure why!! But I was drawn to it.... :)

Without getting too technical how do you know they are female? ;)

Front entry! rofl.gif

O/S

:D

That means that the EL/Gen/ old skool 127 and 217 are female..... I am always learning on here..... RWG is a great place to be !!