When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Picking A Vc

drop

Hi all,

I'm looking to add the next piece to the collection and appreciate any insights you can share.

I am very intrigued by three VCs - the regulateur, malta chrono and the jubilee (stainless all, white dials). Any comments on versions too look for, accuracy, quality, etc?

While it's my favorite at face value, I'm having a rough time findng a regulateur with the small 30 at 6... plus the choice in movements seems somewhat not so great... :lol:

Thanks as always!

Edited by drop

My favourite VC is actually the Overseas. I see that it's not on your list, but you might consider it if you like the brand. I tried on a genuine and immediately fell in love with it. 10,600USD retail is a bit much for me, so I've looked around. Josh's newest Overseas is very close. I have heard that it keeps company with the most accurate reps that we can get. Some here say that the cross on the dial is off, but you really would need a loupe to tell (I frankly don't see it...looks great to me). The overseas is next on my list.

I second Shimside11's vote of the Overseas... I've got a 1st gen of that watch that I love...

I'm currently shopping for a 2nd gen. The cross does seem to be a 'bit' smallish on the newer gen... but it is a beautiful watch and its remarkably close to the gens.

Totally agree with you on the Overseas, but I'm looking for more of a dress watch on a strap.

I keep browsing the dealers' sites but am still not having luck finding something of obvious high quality... maybe I'll have to expand scope to AP, Breuget, etc... grr.

Can you share where you found the regulateur with the 30 at 6? I'm a big fan but the current run doesn't seem to have that detail...

Ah... but it also has a "45" at 9 :D ... I have three versions of the VC Regulateur... all different, none 100% correct.

Here are the others...

125489-20514.jpg

125489-20515.jpg

The rose gold version (my favourite) was purchased from another board member, a year or so ago. I think it came from Paul's old site, but cannot be sure of this. I love the combination of burgundy leather and rose gold... pure elegance.

Edited by Highflyingclive

:lol:

Ok I'll stop sweating the small stuff, call a rep a rep, and just pick one up. The font differences between the various versions is interesting as well...

I think the regulateur is fantastic looking in all its derivations, thanks for sharing.

Edited by drop

@Drop... make sure that you get one with independantly settable GMT subdial (operated by the pusher at 10 o'clock).

Correct face colour is white... as far as I am aware, VC have not made a black version (although they should).

The small calendar chapter ring should be the same colour as the face.

The original has an "Officer Caseback" flip lid over the rear crystal.

125634-20452.jpg

So pick and choose the details that are important to you. My version with the "officer caseback" :wub: has a silver calendar chapter ring :Jumpy: ... when you buy a rep, there is always a trade-off.

There are also reps of this watch with bling-bling diamond-set bezels. Yes, the original does exist in this version, too...

Entry level price for the original is around £18,000. So wear it with a suit, OK? :lol:

Edited by Highflyingclive

@Drop... make sure that you get one with independantly settable GMT subdial (operated by the pusher at 10 o'clock).

Correct face colour is white... as far as I am aware, VC have not made a black version (although they should).

The small calendar chapter ring should be the same colour as the face.

The original has an "Officer Caseback" flip lid over the rear crystal.

125657-20427.jpg

So pick and choose the details that are important to you. My version with the "officer caseback" :wub: has a silver calendar chapter ring :Jumpy: ... when you buy a rep, there is always a trade-off.

There are also reps of this watch with bling-bling diamond-set bezels. Yes, the original does exist in this version, too...

Entry level price for the original is around £18,000. So wear it with a suit, OK? :lol:

Cool, thanks for the added tips - seems like Josh's looks pretty good.

I'm quite happy with my discount, especially since my cuff will cover it 99% of the time :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nice VCs!

I am not a suit or shirt/trousers kinda person but got a VC Overseas which I did wear with a suit to a friend's wedding and was complimented on it.

Very nice watch :group:

I would not worry about the fat cross on the new 42mm Overseas. While I did purchase the first dial to do a cross swap before I received the new version, now that I have it in the hand, the fat cross is so small anyway, I can barely tell as it is, much less while its on the wrist.

Good luck!

I ordered a Regulateur (white dial) and, for the heck of it, a JLC Reserve de Marche (black dial) from Joshua - I'm quite excited to see how good a value these $100 reps really are.

I'm placing some of the other watches from this thread onto my future purchase list, thanks again for the inputs. :victory: