When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm looking to clean up and polish my Turn-o-graph bracelet, a little help please.

Prsist

I know how to polish the brushed part of the links (I use a scotchbrite pad) and I have seen where a member used a dremel or buffing machine with jewelers rouge(i have neither). Could jewelers rouge and a toothbrush work instead of a buffing wheel? What type of rouge would I need to polish up the polished part of the links?

I found a paste called Flitz, it's amazing stuff. I rub it in with my thumb and it polishes great! You can get a mirror finish on a brushed bracelet if you're not careful.

Green rouge (for stainless steel), but you need a polishing wheel is pretty much required. I have never used Flitz, but a Cape Cod Cloth (search google) can produce pretty good results by hand. And, to add to Nanuq's comment, be sure to mask off those areas that are not supposed to be polished as the Cape Cod cloth will remove the brushed finish.

Green rouge (for stainless steel), but you need a polishing wheel is pretty much required. I have never used Flitz, but a Cape Cod Cloth (search google) can produce pretty good results by hand. And, to add to Nanuq's comment, be sure to mask off those areas that are not supposed to be polished as the Cape Cod cloth will remove the brushed finish.

I dont remember anything specific but I've read not everyone is hot to trot on cape cod. I have never used one and judge itnis personal preference.