When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How good are Narikaa's UPO Rubber straps?

naeems

Anyone know?

Where do you get the best quality rubber planet ocean straps?

I can't tell you where to buy the best (except at the AD of course) but i can tell you from experience that there are two types in the rep world and another option as well.

There's the lower end ones , which are very soft and come away from the lugs if worn tightly (about $20-30), and the better ones, with more accurate colour (at least in the orange version) with better etching and painting on the clasp and are nice and firm ($70-80). Then there are the unbranded ones which run $20-35 @ Ebay and etc. They are the same qual as the cheaper rep ones but come in all different colours.

I'm sure all dealers can access both types of branded rep ones but for example Josh at perfect clones sells the better ones for $68.

Edit: Thread merge? This is not the thread I replied to. No offense to Narikaa - who is a great dealer!

it's good, but I wouldn't call it good if you're going to use it daily, then you better buy the ultimate strap from the other dealers, but for the price it's worth it.

Why wouldnt it be good for daily use? What's the difference with the more expensive ones for $60?

Well, I've been using the narikaa strap last summer for about 1.5 month, I used it while working on the beach and already after a couple of days the strap showed some little tears, I can still wear it though, but if you'd use it for everything you do you should pick a more expensive one, they are of better quality. They also have a better finish. That's just my opinion :)

I have an orange and a black strap for my 42mm PO's from Reg. I find the black colored strap to be the most versatile; I use it on both my orange and black PO. Quality and markings on the straps are excellent, but I would rather wear the steel bracelet if I gotta do my daily activities, like going to work (just feels more secure and comfortable). The rubber straps are nice to have for use while I'm going outdoors and having fun under the sun. Mine are still in excellent condition after a year. Around the same time, I also bought an aftermarket rubber strap on ebay for my Tag Formula 1; it's not even close to the quality and comfort of the PO's rubber.