When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BK WM9 v2 Experts Needed

d-rock

Hey guys, I've got a pair of BK WM9 v2's I'm attempting to mod a bit with gen parts. I'm wanting to be sure the 7mm gen crown and tube for the 16610 Sub will fit on the v2 that employs the eta 2678 mvt. before I proceed?? Anyone know?? I've gotten 2 gen 315-16800-81 inserts and 1 25-295-C2 gen crystal and from the looks of it they will fit fine but not sure about the crowns.

As long as the stem of the 2678 is a .9mm/tap 10, it will fit the gen crown. I'm pretty sure it is. You can just change out the crown because it will fit the WM9 case tube. When you change out the tubes, you need the tap to clean out the threads in the case- 3.0mm x .35- and then you need the Rolex tool for installing the tube in the case. That and a dab of thread locker (red loc-tite) on the threads and you're good to go. Good luck.

The Rolex crown, 24-703-0, and tube, 24-7030-0, have been copied by the rep people and are very accurate. You can compare the BK crown to your gen and then decide if you want to change or not.

On the PT 1665, the tube is fine, but the crown is a tad too tall. I ended up switching out both since I boogered up the tube trying to take it out. It is easier to trim cg's w/o the tube in your way. But w/ a BK WM9 you don't need to trim cg's!

Good luck.