When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Broken crystal on a Furla watch

cougaree

Guys,

My friend was trying to replace battery on a Furla watch (see below), and he accidentally broke the crystal. The watch either needs to be replaced exactly or the crystal needs to be replaced.

Any way I can find a replacement watch or crystal? $50 is the maximum he would like to spend. Thanks!

56bcaca2.jpg

I know in UK you can send them an Email from the website with queries etc. They always respond quickly though cant answer for US mate.

Did you get it direct or from an outlet shop? If so I would contact them.

If they sell the watch you can use that for reference if not you might find they sell the same case etc just different face as its more a design/fashion seller if you know what I mean... apologies if I am stating the obvious :)

In UK we have department stores with there own watch smiths who tend to able to repair the cheaper fashion watches that the store sells, do you have similar in US? If so that might be worth a go.

Some stores here have that too, but most don't. The thing is most stores here sell cheap crap so they can make most bucks on. The stuff they sell are made to throw away, rather than for repair. It's a problem. Also the crystal on the watch is rectangular and it's curved, so I don't think anybody would have one in stock :(

I can say with some confidence, that you will be EXTREMELY lucky to buy that crystal off the shelf.

If that was presented to me, I would immediately quote to cut a crystal.

The curve in it creates an extra headache!

As a normal charge starts at $40 to cut a crystal (MG) methinks it is headed for the big roundup in the sky!

Offshore

Give me a length and width, I will have a rummage through the scrap box and see what is close!

There were a lot of watches made of this shape, just depends on the dimensions.

O/S

PS In mm please :)

Also where the crystal curves...... does it have "sides", ie is the bottom of the 4 sides flat, or do the 2 long sides (along the base) have a curve?