When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

biggest rolex

spineguy

That seller has a lot of old stuff that looks too new... lol

what about this one??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-8-Days-Vintage-Mens-Large-Wristwatch-Steel-Case-/230548072472

Yes, there are lot of weird stuff on eBay.. That 8-days is not to shabby.. :)

I like the engravings on the movement. Much better than the stick-on markers our Chinese friends use.

54.jpg

Dial markings looks ok for a vintage piece. Could be a good buy if one likes a "big" vintage Rolex, and does not worry about accuracy.

50.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys i was reading into these comments about rolex not buying into the larger watch trend. But i think the release of the datejust II and daydate II are there way of trying to market these models to the large watch buyer at 41mm they do feel a lot bigger.

I've worn a gen super avenger in steel and i thought that was the most uncomfortable watch. That watch in titanium was fine as comfort went but i still didn't like it was just too bulky and cumbersome.

Wear what you like to but predicting the future in trends if fashion follows it's current path i've got a funny feeling we are going to see gen Y men walking around jeans halfway down their ass no shoes and sporting the old 80's datejust

really? small watches? hmmm i guess i dont see that in my parts... i see bigger omegas, bell and ross, breit and etc.

i will take a look more closely... 38mm is more like a woman's trendy watch in my opinion

thanks for the thoughts

Maybe there is some confusion of the word trend. The trend is smaller watches although most people still prefer big watches and the major brands release big watches. They're milking the PREVIOUS trend, which was big watches. As they should. Watch trends - especially for luxury brands, move very slowly.

That being said, now that big watches have become a category, obviously they won't disappear. I think the point is that after the Fiddy, Uboat, BR, Ploprof etc...the NEW IDEA is smaller watches.

.2$

mg

I just picked up the latest issue of Watchtime and Watch Journal and about 80% of watches covered are in the 40mm and up! So, I think we'll have these monsters for awhile! IMHO - Rolexes are one of the most comfortable watches to wear........!