When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Datejust Experts

preacher62

Not at all. My mid-80s 16014 has round 3s & closed 6s/9s. On the other hand, my 1970 1601 has flat 3s & open 6s & 9s. I think there was some overlap on datewheels during the late 80s, so either style is acceptable.

Freddy is that the DJ with no markers? I was looking for a pic of that watch not 3 hours ago! I wanted to compare it to a DD no marker I'm thinking of buying. I fell in love with that watch when i first saw it 2 years ago.

That's great to know Freddy, and thanks. I am building the exact watch that you show on the left. I even have a gen Rolex 18K WG low-profile bezel for it. It will have an oyster bracelet but I will try to source a jubilee bracelet later.

Everything seems to fit. I purchased the dial from the Bay and the seller shipped it to me inside a plastic crystal. The crystal fit the watch perfectly.

Thanks for responding on this. I have been trying to find an open 6 and 9 dw but could not.

Thanks for responding on this. I have been trying to find an open 6 and 9 dw but could not.

Although an open 6 & 9 DW is more correct, they are tough to find these days. And frankly, Rolex could care less- the new service DW's would probably have closed 6's and 9's- my 16800 came that way after a Rolex service and I spent $100 to put an old style DW back in there.

My second frankenjust has closed 6's and 9's and I figure who cares

P1000247-1-1.jpg