When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex gen hands on ETA 2836-2?

Ruprekt

Anybody know if these will fit? I'm planning a dial/hands swap on an Explorer 2.

Thanks -Dave

I don't believe they will fit. However genuine Tudor "Mercedes" hands will, as well as good aftermarket hands from various vendors.What is wrong with your Explorer 2 hands?

If you pose this question in the Rolex forum, rather than General Discussion Forum, probably will get more response.

I don't believe they will fit. However genuine Tudor "Mercedes" hands will, as well as good aftermarket hands from various vendors.What is wrong with your Explorer 2 hands?

If you pose this question in the Rolex forum, rather than General Discussion Forum, probably will get more response.

I'm going to convert from the silver markers and hands on the white face rep dial to a gen white face dial with black markers and black hands. Being it's a gen dial, the lume on the rep hands is going to be a problem, since it's no where near as bright.

Hope you have the right case for the gen dial. Can't remember which one is necessary, but the gen dial doesn't work in the newer EXII cases.

The gen hands will not work, but as mentioned by Panerai153, the gen Tudor hands should. The GMT hand would be the only issue. You could get the rep hands re-lumed however.