When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New MX Series Calf Strap from Rolexfinder on my 201a

Martyd3

Strap and the watch look great. The only question I have is whether you want to brush the buckle. I have owned Pre-V straps over the years(down to one now though given the prices people pay) and the ones I have seen were always brushed. But someone else who knows better can chime in.

I am in search for Pre-V buckle too and all I can say, that gen Pre-V buckles are/were always brushed not polished. Look at this pic which was taken from watches 24/7:

post-29919-0-97731700-1290936735.jpg

But still this one over looks great too :)

It's actually not brushed... Dirk uses the term on his buckle... "coinage" same finishing technique for creating coins. If I'm not mistaken it's micro-bead blasted to achieve the finish.

That is a good point. I just know that all the ones I have ever seen are "matte". :lol: The strap still looks great on that watch. And the funny thing is you know this strap is much better made. I never had the nerve to actually wear a Pre-V strap because they feel so flimsy. Fast forward a couple of years and you come into the Hirsch era and for my money they are the best PAM straps that were ever made.