When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobfactory Explorer II help

criggs19

I was recently lucky enough to pick up a Noobfactory Explorer II from a great member here and have a question. I have read every post here and on other forums and am unclear whether I can put a gen dial in this

My link

I have a gen white dial that I recently acquired and would love to put it in this one but I understand that some will and some won't take it. I know that there are several members that have done this and instead of contacting each one individually I thought that it would be better to post here. Thanks for any help and by the way, this watch is everything that I've ever read about it. I buy and sell a lot of genuine Rolex watches and it really is hard to believe it's a rep.

Yup.

Apparently, early versions of the case would accept a gen dial and later versions would not (diameter is slightly too small).

You could, if you're brave, probably make a gen dial fit the case, by reducing the OD slightly by sanding.

I personally wouldn't unless you have the kind of money that ruining a gen dial doesn't bother you.

Once you do that you'll also have to pick up a set of black hands for an ETA 2836 w/ GMT mod, which shouldn't be impossible but might be annoying. The hole size of the GMT hand isn't quite standardized. Usually it's NOT the same as the hands for a 2893-2, for example.

Ubi,

His is, you are correct, I have read that post several times. But as sneed said, some will take the dial and some won't I was wondering if there was a way to tell by looking at the watch.

Thanks sneed, no way I would be sanding down a gen dial, I originally bought found it for a customer whose watch was damaged but he then decided to hold off. Even though he said that he would buy it anyway I decided to hang onto it just in case. If it won't fit, no problem, like I said, it's very nice just like it is, other then the crown that I will swap out soon.

Gents, this article has the exact measurements. Dluddy gave them.

You def. need the old version unless you can sand the dial.

Just get the black version with rep dial. Trust me, it's pretty damn good.