When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's got a good Two tone Sub?

Ruprekt

After receiving my first rep Submariner, my initial enthusiasm was short lived. What looked so great on the outside on closer inspection revealed a host of flaws that I can't live with. I'm in contact with the dealer right now as to how to make things right. That said, where can I get an accurate, reliable, and most of all wearable tt Sub from? I know BK's WM9 is the top dog, but that's not produced anymore, so that's out. Noob's tt is gone to? Anybody have a lead on one from personal experience? All the websites have a tt Sub, but pretty pictures can lie like hell, as I just found out. By the way, the dealer I got this through is on the RWI forums as a reputable dealer. He's been great so far, I just got a lemon watch and wanted options to find a good one.

I've been looking into this as well, everywhere seems to be out of production... :wounded1:

The only one i've been able to find is this one over on repgeek - MBW/MBK 16613 TT Submariner, The topic is 3 years old, but I emailed Paso, and he still sells them, the pictures he sent looked much better/newer than the ones in the topic too!

I've also been told that there has never been a 14k wrapped noobmariner!

That link you pm'd me went to a site that doesn't carry or have access to either a MBW or MBK Sub. All they had is the exact same pictures and description as every other dealer has. I emailed them and they confirmed not having either.

Edited by Ruprekt

That link you pm'd me went to a site that doesn't carry or have access to either a MBW or MBK Sub. All they had is the exact same pictures and description as every other dealer has. I emailed them and they confirmed not having either.

Was that in reply to me? :mellow:

The link takes you straight to a topic on the RepGeek forum, where the member paso is selling that MBW/MBK sub!

And he definately still sells them as I emailed him about them myself last week! The pictures he sent back looked even better than the ones in the topic...

• 2 months later...

hello,

found this topic searching for an accurate TT Subfor my dad´s birthday.

Ruprekt, did you find something you could recommend? or anybody else who is involved in the TT Sub theme?

We all know that BK´s one is out of production, but is there nothing good out there? hollow mid links or wrapped ones must/should exist, but where?

Thank you for every recommendation on this!

Best, J

Are you sure BK doesn't carry this one still? LINK.

He used to sell it. Basically it's the TT Noobmariner with decent gold wrapping and good crown. It's not quite as good as the WM9 version, but it's the second best.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider the MBK version. I had that one too and it's wasn't great.

Good luck!

Trustys just got the 2009 twotone blue ceramic in full cermamic its close but not 100% but for the money, inside endlink is not plated but i would like to see a clear photo of the dial printing