When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ordering a UPO from Josh

Dbsmith975

First post after lurking for awhile and reading and learning.

I decided to pull the trigger and get a 45.5 UPO from Josh.

But after placing my order, I got an email saying that my payment had been declined, and that I should call the bank issuing my credit card to tell them to allow the transaction.

Then I got another email saying that another account had been created for me, on another web site called "Strap-ease", in Singapore dollars, and that I should check out there. But my watch was not listed as an item to be purchased, just watch straps were listed for the same total amount of "Singapore dollars" as was the cost of my original order for the watch.

I'd really like to have this watch, but I am a little uncomfortable with the kind of odd way it seems to be necessary to pay for it.

Has anyone else experienced this when trying to order something from Joshua?

I have tried just about every option on Joshua's website to pay for my order, and have not been able to complete the transaction.

Any advice would be appreciated.

First post after lurking for awhile and reading and learning.

I decided to pull the trigger and get a 45.5 UPO from Josh.

But after placing my order, I got an email saying that my payment had been declined, and that I should call the bank issuing my credit card to tell them to allow the transaction.

Then I got another email saying that another account had been created for me, on another web site called "Strap-ease", in Singapore dollars, and that I should check out there. But my watch was not listed as an item to be purchased, just watch straps were listed for the same total amount of "Singapore dollars" as was the cost of my original order for the watch.

I'd really like to have this watch, but I am a little uncomfortable with the kind of odd way it seems to be necessary to pay for it.

Has anyone else experienced this when trying to order something from Joshua?

I have tried just about every option on Joshua's website to pay for my order, and have not been able to complete the transaction.

Any advice would be appreciated.

that's why you should always email dealers for payment instructions. I don't trust most of their credit card processors anyways. It also gives you an oppurtunity to ask for QC shots. (which they often don't do unless you ask). Another plus is that they can let you know the watch is in stock before you pay them any money. Soemtimes they process your order and take your money, and then tell you the watch is not in stock.

My advice: Contact every dealer by email before purchase!