When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob from Minnesota

Hi all. While enjoying a fabulous glass of wine at a cocktail party, I saw 3 angels come down from heaven and shone a radiant light at what could only be a Big Pilot. I had only seen such a glorious masterpiece behind reinforced glass (and magazines). I knew THEN I had to have one. But how...I needed a way to magically turn my Benjamins into Grovers! I searched high and low and came across what seemed like an honest review of multiple replica sites. Overjoyed with excited, I was about to pull the trigger until my wise ol' friend, Mr. Google slapped some sense into me...now I'm here soaking in as much as I can.

I'm an amateur photographer and I own a gen Tag CAF2010 (Aquaracer Chrono) and it's my daily watch. I'd LOVE to get a IWC Pilot super rep or franken or whatever it's called. I hope one day I can give as much back to the community as I plan to take. :) One thing's for sure...I'm going to have to regulate how much I can spend each year.

:pimp:

Just ordered my first IWC 5004 rep. :) Hopefully it's here before Christmas!

Welcome! glad to have you. Hope you did your homework before you ordered! Don't hold your breath about it arriving before christmas.. obviously, this is the busiest time of year for dealers as well as post offices.... my average time to receive my watches is between 2 and 3 weeks... if your watch arrives before the 25th I'd be quite surprised! you ordered from where?

I always reccomend that you email the dealer first to check that the watch is indeed in stock before attempting to use any of the "online checkout" services on the site. If you email them personally, you can also ask them to send you quality control pics, which they often don't do unless you ask. lastly, it often takes a few days for many of the dealers to get the watch to send out to you. Take this in to account and your watch may not even ship from china till the middle/end of next week.... add.. customs to the mix and christmas to the mix and you could be looking at a potentially long wait.

My advice is always read for AT LEAST 2 weeks before even thinking about ordering!!!! Once you know the ropes and have a REAL idea of what options there is to offer with your specific watch model.. go for it!

Hope all is well and turns out as you expected. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to shout a holler!

Merry xmas!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the good info. I couldn't wait so I picked up a Laureus Chrono from the member sales forum and it arrived yesterday! What a beauty. The only thing that surprised me is how small it feels. My 43mm Tag Aquaracer Chrono wears much bigger than this. I shouldn't be doing this, but now I'm trying to decide what to get next :whistling: I'd really like the Portuguese Chrono black on black, but from what I can gather, they're not very reliable. And I'd need to shell out $1k for a movement. Any members taken this plunge? Or would you get the rolex sub or dssd instead?

Help me before I go mad and buy both.

:pimp: