When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Real AP Diver is out! (Teaser Pic)

edgematic1

Edge, did you get it???

not yet, just viewed the pics again, lume markers look too thick, case thickness looks good, the 300m/1000ft Automatic font is wrong, date window is too small, but heck, I'm getting it :) looks better than the other version, caseback looks way better as well + bigger crowns etc...

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not yet, just viewed the pics again, lume markers look too thick, case thickness looks good, the 300m/1000ft Automatic font is wrong, date window is too small, but heck, I'm getting it :) looks better than the other version, caseback looks way better as well + bigger crowns etc...

I don't think that the lume markers are too thick, I think they are too thin. it needs more lume. ^_^

The date window is too small though

On the date section it is definitely bigger on the gen. But the other thing is the gen almost looks layered (it appears to have a date window below the dial similar to the LWO 283 equivalent in the Offshore). The funny thing is the calibre 3120 which I believe is what AP uses as their standard automatic movement has no provision for a cyclops or date window so I am wondering how they do it on the gen. The rep looks like a standard 2824 so I guess the cyclops is truly mounted in the dial? Here is a pic of the gen date section. See what I mean?

royal-oak-diverdatesection.jpg

And now that I take a second look at Angus' close-ups I see the date section on the rep also looka layered but the whole date section (dial hole and cyclops should be larger). Having said that it is a stunning rep and I think I will end up giving in. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

For anyone who comes upon Gen AP's in real life you are going to have to factor in a relume on this one then. The gen glows like a torch every time you walk inside from the outside.

http://www.audemarspiguet.com/s/roo-diver/

I keep looking at the case. It is stunning. Looks like they have gotten the case edge bevel perfectly. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

For anyone who comes upon Gen AP's in real life you are going to have to factor in a relume on this one then. The gen glows like a torch every time you walk inside from the outside.

I keep looking at the case. It is stunning. Looks like they have gotten the case edge bevel perfectly. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Indeed!

This one needs a relume & ar coating! :) (you're correct, the diver has got AR coating, though the older diver boutique's haven't)

Edited by edgematic1

Well there's always The Zigmeister. :)

And yes the case edge bezel looks awesome! :good:

Sent from my HDroid2 using Tapatalk

These are my first opinions after viewing the pics:

• 300m/1000ft AUTOMATIC text is the wrong font

• hour markers: need thinner surroundings, more lume

• hour markers at 12 should be next to each other, without a gap

• the bezel ring needs lume

• the date cyclopse window needs to be a bit bigger, now it is perfect for the scuba versions (scuba boutique, wempe & bartorelli) though

• the endlinks on the genuine article stick a bit out above the case
  • AR on the cyclops & crystal would be nice...