When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New UPO selfwinding problem?

b.diddy

Hey guys,

So I ordered the new UPO from Josh and everything seems fine aesthetically, however I think I have noticed a problem with the automatic Swiss ETA movement.

It seems normal regular movements by your hand aren't enough to wind the watch, you really have to shake it. This is a big problem in the sense that your watch will stop if you just wear it and you don't manually wind it or shake it. I'm pretty sure this is not expected behavior right?

Being a noob, I can't say much to this topic, but the other automatic watch I had (much cheaper rep) never had this problem. You could feel the rotors moving whenever you moved the watch a little. This watch you can't feel the rotors at all, I'm told this is a good thing, as it signifies a high quality movement. However could it be the case that the rotors are too tight? Is this easily fixed?

Thanks

I don't have the tools to do that, I think I might just take it to a watch repair guy and see what they say.

Now thats a very good Idea,this could be a very minor problem. It's best not to send are reps back to are dealers unless there is no other option,like a "DOA" watch for example,good luck. :drinks:

Are you sure that you are moving around enough to wind your watch. This is a very common newb trouble, since many people lead a sedentary life at a desk in a cubicle. Swirl (no not shake) your watch 800 times. It should now be almost fully wound. See how long it runs. More than 1 day is great, with 30 to 40 hours being maximum.