When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thinking of selling my Tudor Monte Carlo :(

Guest jsuperman17

Guest jsuperman17

heyy guys... so once again i did an impulse buy that i sort of regretted.. i jumped on spin's offering and he made me one with a NOS 7734  i was thrilled for a couple of days when i was wearing it but it hit me... I MISS MY BK SUBMARINER LV!!! i guess a classic is a classic.. no one knows what a tudor is... and its a bit small on my wrist  i know i know its a weak reason to not like it but now im on the fence of selling it to fund a bk submariner lv... what do you geeks think? should i keep it or let it go??

+1 On both the above comments. Here's my spin... If you're not feeling the watch, then yes, you might as well pass it on. From experience, I know how a watch can look awesome in photos, but not be as nice to wear (I can't stand wearing a 1655, yet I love how they look in photos :bangin: ) For me, The anonymity of the Tudor brand is a plus, not a minus, and people not knowing what it is is a weak reason for not keeping it, as you should wear your watches for yourself, not for what others may think (most folks in day to day scenarios will not even notice) but, as before, if you're not feeling it, that's reason enough to send it on to another home :) The Monte Carlo is a Classic watch, and I would love to own one, finances allowing. How much might you be looking for for it? If I can spare the cash, I would be happy to take it off your hands for you :) I haven't ever worn an LV Sub, and I'd imagine it to be a 'love it or hate it' watch. However, having owned a Pumpkin Planet Ocean, I know that the colored bezel is not as garish on the wrist as it can appear in photos, so I would extend the same benefit of the doubt to the LV Sub :good:

Guest jsuperman17

@ red: ur right I won't have a hard time finding a buyer but I don't want to regret selling it.. The only watch I've regretted to sell :(

@ tj: I know I shouldn't wear watches for other people but at the end of the day we want our time pieces to get some kind of recognition.. I wear watches for my own ego lol yes I did say that.. However I want the wow factor... I had that with my sub lv then changed it to a black bezel.. Only reason I sold it was becuz I went on a spending spree...

Like others have said, if you're not feeling it then it is probably good idea to let it go. It could come to the point where you resent it for the cost invested if you really don't grow to like it. Then you may feel guilt, further compounding the gap. Also, if you are truly not feeling it then you won't miss it when it's gone. So all said...let me know if you want to sell it ;) .... :lol:

I felt the same way when I picked up a spinmaster daytona. Looked great in photos but when on the wrist it didn't have the presence I had expected it to. Perhaps it was because it was a bit smaller than I thought it was going to be.

Anyways, catch and release. We all do it!

@ tj: I know I shouldn't wear watches for other people but at the end of the day we want our time pieces to get some kind of recognition.. I wear watches for my own ego lol yes I did say that.. However I want the wow factor... I had that with my sub lv then changed it to a black bezel.. Only reason I sold it was becuz I went on a spending spree...

There certainly is a buzz when someone comments on a watch, I guess it's an individual thing :) As above, depending on how much you might want to sell it for, I might have the spare cash to buy it. Did you have a figure in mind?