When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought a Gen 16610LV

red series 3

I have had a LV sub rep for the last 5 years it has a asian 21j in it. The endlink fit was actually very good the dial was good I enjoyed the look of the watch and enjoyed wearing it.

It was starting to lose time and i didn't know what to do with it, which is when i stumbled across this forum.

I thought i'll buy a better rep and contacted BK almost as soon as i joined up. The wait times for the wm9 meant that wasn't the option. Then i looked at replacing the movement for an eta putting a better crown and tube on.

The bezel was scratched from me drilling the face of the watch one day. So i priced in a replacement bezel as well. Then i looked at the price of a gen bracelet as the clasp had broken.

If you look at how much a used 3135 movement sells for. Adding it all up, I started thinking to myself the sum of the used parts are worth more than the watch would be itself. With exchange rates going my way i started researching some used genuines.

I saw a watch on ebay that fit within my price range after i'd been looking around for a while at used dealers. I bid and won on an item and it arrived a week later I took it straight to the rolex service centre who authenticated it told me it had no service history and then quoted for a service. It kept great time so i thought i would wait to add some wear marks before a service was neccessary.

Thanks RWG for helping me reach the decision.

I've been trying to get photos like some of the ones on this site and have been failing miserably.

I have tried setting up tripods and mucking around with the digi camera but the best pics so far come from the blackberry

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjEtMjAxMDEyMTEtMTk0MC5qcGc.jpg

i even tried a lume shot

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzAtMjAxMDEyMTYtMjEwNS5qcGc.jpg

I wish i could capture how the good the dial markers are reflected on the rehaut. I think it looks hot my photos don't do it justice

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzItMjAxMDEyMTYtMjEwNS5qcGc.jpg

What do you think guys. You can tell I'm enjoying having it on the wrist.

My wife rubbished me as she hates the green bezel said it about the rep as well. She thinks its because i'm colour blind i can't tell how bad it looks and she reckons i should have bought an all black watch but after looking at maxi dial markers for so long. The alternate dial just doesn't look right.

Very nice indeed. Is that an F series?

I went down the same road, as I had a nicely modded LV rep with gen crown/tube, lumed dial and hands, and a gen insert (which I kept ;) ). I ended up selling the rep and bought a Y series in brand new condition. IMO these will be classics one day, with the first year Y and F Mk1's definitely the ones to own.

Very nice indeed. Is that an F series?

I went down the same road, as I had a nicely modded LV rep with gen crown/tube, lumed dial and hands, and a gen insert (which I kept ;) ). I ended up selling the rep and bought a Y series in brand new condition. IMO these will be classics one day, with the first year Y and F Mk1's definitely the ones to own.

Yep Its a F series.Mk1 dial but with the pointy 4. It had the modern box, so maybe it will be seen as a transitional model.

I think it will be a long time before any modern watches appreciate in value.

I can't tell my story on rolex forums. The word rep would have seen this post shut down a long time ago. :victory: