When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ebay fakes

iceberg1459

theres a seller with multiple accounts selling "discount" runway designer clothes as original. he also accepts returns and got high feedback.

out of curiosity i bought few items from him and imidietly saw they are fakes because of cut and a model which doesnt exist (but similar). whoever bought from him probably thinks they are buying genuine items.

theres a seller with multiple accounts selling "discount" runway designer clothes as original. he also accepts returns and got high feedback.

out of curiosity i bought few items from him and imidietly saw they are fakes because of cut and a model which doesnt exist (but similar). whoever bought from him probably thinks they are buying genuine items.

Yeah...They also have fake sports jerseys all over the place. Kind of suspicious when you can buy a new with tags on the field football jersey that should cost $200 or more for $40

i believe that Ebay purposely ignores the "little guy " reporting fake stuff, especially if the seller is a "Power Seller' with 41k transactions. Ebay makes boatloads of money off these folks, and they aren't going to piss them off. Which is surprising, because for many sellers, their Ebay "Store" is their only outlet, and if Ebay shut them down, they would be out of business. They don't have any alternative marketing outlets.

The only ones that Ebay listens to are representatives (Lawyers) from the major brands. Don't think Rolex, Tiffany, Louis Vuitton, etc. doesn't have people scouring Ebay every day looking for fakes. One call from them, and the auction is gone! There are a bunch of guys over on the Rolex forum, that are either independently wealthy, or out of a job, on unemployment, because they are also looking for fakes on Ebay 24 hours a day!!. Unfortunately, their enthusiasm for ferreting out fakes occasionally gets ahead of their knowledge level!! Some of their "Fakes" turn out to be genuine. Although they do a lot of bragging about killing auctions, I bet about 90% of their kills are coincidental, after someone from Rolex USA calls.

Ebay has become the "Wild West" of auction sites, and unfortunately, I don't see any Wyatt Erps, Bat Mastersons or hangin Judge Roy Beans coming along anytime soon to clean up the town!! If you want to be safe, you better do your homework, buy the seller, and go into every transaction with your radar on and your antennae out. If it looks or smells fishy, stay away.

• 2 weeks later...

i just bought a pair of 7 for all mankind jeans that i think are fake, wore them on Xmas and the back belt loop broke! 1st time in my life that has ever happened! Seller had over 1500 feedback at 99%. For what I paid i dont care, the fit is excellent amd after a little needle action they were as good as new.