When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

need advise

craigb

hi guy's, basically i am looking at buying a yatchmaster off a member here, the watch is running but wont wind or set the time, il paste what he said to me.

When you unscrew the crown the stem pulls right out, it is not engaging the keyless. I hve no idea if this is an easyfix. The hack mechanism functions so the movement arrests when the stem is out. It will wind with the rotor but not the crown and the crown will not set the time.

so do you guys think this is an easy fix or not, ive tried to contact my watchsmith but im not getting through to him, maybe as its xmas im not sure. also im not sure what series the movement is. hope you can advise me. thanks guys and have a nice xmas :drinks:

hmm not sure if id recommend someone try this. its straight forward but theres a lot of little things to consider and specific tools required. are you mechanically inclined or not so much? are you nimble with good motor skills? have a good enough memory? aware of contaminants? can solve logical problems? have a 1.20mm screw driver? hands remover? hands press? movement vise? rodico? dial protector? compressed air? anti-magnetic and acid free tweezers? if you care about this watch i wouldnt proceed with nothing less.

hmm not sure if id recommend someone try this. its straight forward but theres a lot of little things to consider and specific tools required. are you mechanically inclined or not so much? are you nimble with good motor skills? have a good enough memory? aware of contaminants? can solve logical problems? have a 1.20mm screw driver? hands remover? hands press? movement vise? rodico? dial protector? compressed air? anti-magnetic and acid free tweezers? if you care about this watch i wouldnt proceed with nothing less.

wow thats a list! i do have a hand press hands remover and screwdrivers, i have done small bits like change a datewheel and change dials. but by the sound of it its a bit harder than a simple dial change. can you recomend anyone in the eu to repair it for me? may aswell have it serviced at the same time. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

well if you have some experience you might be ok, its maybe 4 times as hard as changing a datewheel. just be aware of how everything in the keyless work interacts or you'll reset it incorrectly and have to redo it. keep it clean. and dont forget to put the hands back on at the click over point.

well if you have some experience you might be ok, its maybe 4 times as hard as changing a datewheel. just be aware of how everything in the keyless work interacts or you'll reset it incorrectly and have to redo it. keep it clean. and dont forget to put the hands back on at the click over point.

i think il get some one else to do this, as i dont want to make it worse. do you have any idea how much the repair an service would cost from one of the eu guys?

Repgeek link on repairing Keyless works on Asian 21J. Not worth the hassle, just buy a replacement movement from Cousins UK and change over dateweheel, face, hands with the tools you have.

THEN, try and repair the keyless works on the movement that you don't mind messing up

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=37330

hi scruffy, the movement that i need to have work done on is an eta, just been going through the tutorial on regeek with an old 21j in front of me. well i managed it! :thumbsupsmileyanim: but then looked at the tutorial for an eta. :mellow: note sure il give that a go. thanks for posting that link. was a great help :drinks: