When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Heritage Owners

vlydog

i frankly don't understand why people are trying to beat down a $4k watch because of how cheap or unreliable the DD chrono module is rumoured to be. if that truly is the case, then isn't there more cause for concern for folks plonking down $20 grand for an AP ROO which also happens to use the same DD module in their non-inhouse caliber ROOs?? :bangin:

+1

Well said Burnz. Its like listening to a bunch of school girls talking on the phone here ... much ado about nothing. I said it over at W-C and I will say it here too.

@TBP - I don't think you got my point over at W-C. What I am saying is that ****e can happen with ANY movement, not just these. You are wayyyyy too paranoid here and most of your experiences are probably due to bad luck rather than anything specific that can be attributed to Tudor and this mvt. The issue I had with my ETA 6497 mvt was to support my point above i.e., it was supposed to be a great movement, highly reliable and simple to repair, but look at what happened to mine (problem with regulation to within COSC standards)? Yes I agree and have mentioned this a few times before that the servicing of this mvt will be daunting and no different with any other watches with this complexity.

I just feel like you are whining and whining about something that *may* or *may not* happen. I don't think you should continue to torture yourself with this constant negativity about the mvt. Its not proven and probably wouldn't be given that Rolex is behind it (good enough for me, Omega is another story ...). Maybe its time for you to consider another watch with perhaps a simpler mvt setup?

As for servicing my tudor mvt, I have access to plenty of expert watchmakers that can deal with this mvt should it be necessary as Marty in W-C. I don't use "high street watchmakers" - never ever did. I have my own trusted watchmakers for each mvt type. I trust the words of the more experienced members in the other forum as they seem to know the inner workings of that mvt and their experience is consistent with mine and I have owned many many high priced gens. I too have access to the RSC folks in the US/Switzerland should I find it necessary. As long as you buy from a reputable dealer (grey or AD) in the states, you are good too - these guys have access to many good watchmakers that can handle them. The situation is no different to yours in the UK ...

Edited by R_Squared

That's fine RSQuared i enjoyed discussing this with you over at W-C :)

Like i said i'm certainly not whining, i have nothing to be upset about now or worry about should i buy one of these myself as i would be covered.

Certainly sh*t can happen with any watch and if someone who buys one of these in a country where it isn't supported by AD's or the manufacturer covers themselves for warranty repair should it have issues or is happy to pay for repair themsvles then that's great. Same goes for servicing :)

Edited by TheBluePrince

I just had a 7/8 speedy w/ module serviced by my tech....No problem at all. The entire service is the same as a recent service on a 7750 Daytona.

I believe the module frailty is myth & relates to earlier issues....The Heritage is my favorite contempory Rolex...So there!

Regards, mcotter