When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

By request, some close up ceramic sub pics.

Cardshark00

• 4 weeks later...

looks good.

for me the tell on any sub rep are the hands, more specifically the hour hand, study the gen and the rep and you'll notice the tell, i can spot them a mile away now and dont even have to look at the rest since no rolex sub or sea dweller ever came with an hour hand like this. apparently no reps can get this little flaw correct making the rest irrelevant. well i shouldn't say NO rep, the WM9 v2 was the only one with correct hands, im afraid even the new tw sub is incorrect.

look at the base of the hour hand

IMG_9338.jpg

gen

TTSubdial1a.jpg

this tiny yet very important detail makes all the difference, now you know and you'll be spotting it all the time as it sticks out like a sore thumb.

let me try and illustrate it better

gen 5513 vs PT 1665 hour hand comparison.

5366709943_1df015ec27.jpg

5367320922_7b6659b4cb.jpg

no matter which sport model you look at with mercedes style hands going all the way back to the early 5513s the hour lume always go to the base, this is true even with the new ceramic. reps however can never seem to get this little detail correct with the exception of the wm9s. to me this is an instant tell when im looking at pieces, to others probably not. even yuki, clarks, and WO hands have this problem. luckily i got 1 pair of wm9 hands but had wished i'd gotten more.

its a little thing but its the little things that make the difference. its like if the mona lisas smile was slightly off when being authenticated an expert would notice the slight difference and the casual browser would know something wasnt right but couldnt quite put their finger on it

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee