When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

removing DSN 088 Crystal from case?

cib0rgman

If you've never worked on a watch before, send it out to one of the modders to do it .. too many things can go wrong.

If you have, then the best way is to remove the movement/dial and push out the old crystal either with a crystal press or your fingers. Then use the crystal press to put the new one on.

Where did you get the new one (Ultimate, that eBay source..)?

There is a "How to" on removing and replacing crystals with household items. As I recall it involved a bottle lid.

But as Doc says if you aint never then dont just put it in an envelope !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have worked on watches before and I already disassembled the watch and the case stripped, I try to push the crystal out with my fingers. this is a 2007 DSN; I purchased the crystal from DSN is the updated version with better cyclops. so there is no crystal gasket?

There will always be a gasket, just reuse the one that is holding the current crystal in :)

It is a good idea to put something (neoprene, cloth, whatever) over the crystal when pushing out and when pushing back in. Crystal press should be used to install the new one, but some have used a vice :rolleyes: in a pinch. Trouble is pushing it in even on all sides. Be sure not to damage the gasket though, as they are hard to replace (no dealer seems to have them). And if the DSN crystal is a sandwich one, you also run the risk of damaging it while pushing it in (just look at it from the side, if it looks like two layers, it's a sandwich crystal ... ugh).

well I changed the crystal but not happy with the results, take a look a t the pictures I ended up removing the AR; it was applied so lightly that I scratched when cleaning the inside of the crystal; now i need a new AR. By the way I pushed the pin key-less release too hard and now the crown will not engaged, need to remove dial and try put it back i place.

WP_000098-1.jpg

WP_000097.jpg

WP_000095.jpg

• 4 months later...