When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most accurate AP ROO besides custom sander's build

acesup_11

Thanks are all the rest really that bad.

what do you mean by bad? 99% of the people out there wouldn't tell the difference between any of the AP ROO reps from RWG trusted dealers section and the GEN.

But for a WIS all have their inaccuracies.

Datewheel placed to far out the right (both)

To thick caseback (rubberclad)

et.c.

Is there a particular model your after? The name it and people can give their input.

kind reg

T

Black themes is pretty good as well.

Same flaws as the rest or have I missed something? :)

There are two more issues IMHO when comparing a new REP with a new gen.

The overall finish usually feels better on the GEN aswell as almost all crystals have a slightly better shine to it. (regardless of AR) :)

But if the main purpose of the REP is a good looker on the wrist then the rubberclad, black themes , survivor aswell as the rose gold rubberclad is absolutely spot on..

(IMO of course.)

Merry X-mas!

Same flaws as the rest or have I missed something? :)

There are two more issues IMHO when comparing a new REP with a new gen.

The overall finish usually feels better on the GEN aswell as almost all crystals have a slightly better shine to it. (regardless of AR) :)

But if the main purpose of the REP is a good looker on the wrist then the rubberclad, black themes , survivor aswell as the rose gold rubberclad is absolutely spot on..

(IMO of course.)

Merry X-mas!

Ok i went and tried on a RBII what is the deal with those. I read in 2009 there was a faceplate issue. Is that still the problem. Again I do not care about the caseback as I do not plan on handing it around. Thanks so much again guys.

@Indec

The overall finish usually feels better on the GEN aswell as almost all crystals have a slightly better shine to it. (regardless of AR)

Word is that the rep factories now switched to a new better crystal in the AP ROO range (most probably the sec@12 version) even from the picture it looks so much better then the old one.

Maybe not gen standard quality crystal but damn good enough, and do a single sided AR if you find it to dim but dont wan´t no-glass double AR.

fine dd (RWI forum AR guy) posted a picture for comparison but I can´t find it right now but looking :)

I suggest the black theme since it´s a classic, yes the caseback is a little on the thick side, the crown is a tiny bit off and the dial numbers are missing the thin rim around the lume but my god it´s a STUNNER!

No one except a AD or someone who´s VERY anal when it comes to details and own the gen and compare them side by side would spot the flaws.

When you get it in hand all your fears will go away, trust me :)

Get it on metal bracelet and order a rubberstrap as a side order, that way you get conversion pieces for any new strap you getting in the future and a deployant clasp.

A word of warning though, if you find your new shiny AP ROO to your liking you WILL get more then one...

*edit RBII needs a faceplate mod for around 800$ to look like the gen and personally I find that hard to justify, if you got money for that on top of the original purchase I´d say go with a full Sanders version ;)

IMO it´s way to over engineered and will for sure make people believe it´s a fake unless you got 60k$ to spend on a watch...

Edited by Jiddy

@Indec

Word is that the rep factories now switched to a new better crystal in the AP ROO range (most probably the sec@12 version) even from the picture it looks so much better then the old one.

Maybe not gen standard quality crystal but damn good enough, and do a single sided AR if you find it to dim but dont wan´t no-glass double AR.

fine dd (RWI forum AR guy) posted a picture for comparison but I can´t find it right now but looking :)

I suggest the black theme since it´s a classic, yes the caseback is a little on the thick side, the crown is a tiny bit off and the dial numbers are missing the thin rim around the lume but my god it´s a STUNNER!

No one except a AD or someone who´s VERY anal when it comes to details and own the gen and compare them side by side would spot the flaws.

When you get it in hand all your fears will go away, trust me :)

Get it on metal bracelet and order a rubberstrap as a side order, that way you get conversion pieces for any new strap you getting in the future and a deployant clasp.

A word of warning though, if you find your new shiny AP ROO to your liking you WILL get more then one...

*edit RBII needs a faceplate mod for around 800$ to look like the gen and personally I find that hard to justify, if you got money for that on top of the original purchase I´d say go with a full Sanders version ;)

IMO it´s way to over engineered and will for sure make people believe it´s a fake unless you got 60k$ to spend on a watch...

Thank for the heads up... What about the Grey Themes I really like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Silver Themes is good. As accurate as any other ROO, but the problem I have with most ROOs are the bezel screws.

They are wonky. Never seen a perfect one and the gen would never have theme like that. To me this screams fake a mile away. I handled a gen and thought them to be very well built and the face looked perfect.

That's why, atm, I prefer the Rubberclads and the Survivor. The rubber hides these imperfections and hex bolts on the Survivor doesn't suffer this problem.

The new Chronopassion is looking better. I don't know if it's the Ti, but the bezel screws don't seem to be so messed up from the few pics I have seen.

Orchard Road, which was also Ti, was a Rubberclad so this is our first all metal Ti ROO. (they should make the re-case the Grey Themes in Ti too)

Edited by polaris

The bezel screws seem to have gotten much better with time. I suppose that with any manufacturing procedure, little bugs get worked-out with enough ramp-time. I just received a Don Ramon yesterday, and I swear, the bloody thing is immaculate! Were it not for the mediocre faux leather strap and incorrect color on the tachy & subdials, you'd swear it was a gen.

The bezel screws seem to have gotten much better with time. I suppose that with any manufacturing procedure, little bugs get worked-out with enough ramp-time. I just received a Don Ramon yesterday, and I swear, the bloody thing is immaculate! Were it not for the mediocre faux leather strap and incorrect color on the tachy & subdials, you'd swear it was a gen.

Pics!!!! :)

• 7 months later...

T3 is also excellent. While it has the offset date window and thicker case-back that all the others do, it's far less noticeable due to the watch's already generous proportions. Aside from the font on the Tachymètre and maybe a few stray molecules here and there, when placed side-by-side with a gen, unless you know exactly what you're looking for, you'd most likely be unable to tell one from the other.