When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

177L Rep Ti vs Gen PAM Ti Quick Comparison

burnz

feeling bored at home, so decided to take a few comparison photos of the 177L rep's Ti case finish vs gen PAM Ti. unfortunately i don't have a gen 177 to do a direct apple-to-apple comparison, so i could only use another gen Ti PAM in my stable i.e. 305 to do the comparison.

i'll let the pics do the talking. but i should just add that the rep 177L's case finish truly is remarkable for a $200 rep :)

DSC02459.jpg

DSC02460.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

when i remember correct i read somewhere that the gen 177 with the rubber strap weights in a 105gramms :)

that is realy not much :)

oh and btw burnz you said in one of your posts the printing color is a bit of on the rep? are you sure, i looked at the gen today and for me it was absolutly no difference to see in the dial printing, then gen had the same white color, but maybe im wrong :black_eye::D anyways its a great watch :)

one question burnz , do you think it would be very noticable when you wear this ti watch with a strap that has a brushed buckle? i mean you have both im sure ;) i just want this to know because i have no ti buckle in 24mm only brushed buckles :)but i want this watch hehe :D

thanks in advance :)

and hey i love your 305 awsome watch :)

deniz

oh and btw burnz you said in one of your posts the printing color is a bit of on the rep? are you sure, i looked at the gen today and for me it was absolutly no difference to see in the dial printing, then gen had the same white color, but maybe im wrong :black_eye::D anyways its a great watch :)

one question burnz , do you think it would be very noticable when you wear this ti watch with a strap that has a brushed buckle? i mean you have both im sure ;) i just want this to know because i have no ti buckle in 24mm only brushed buckles :)but i want this watch hehe :D

deniz

i made the remark about the font color from comparisons with gen pics i found online, which may not necessarily be the best way to do so. if you've compared with the gen in person and find it to be a close match, then i'll take your word for it :)

and using a brushed buckle with Ti looks fine to me, which is what i'm currently using on the strap matched to my 177. if i were you, i wouldn't worry too much about trying to find a Ti buckle to perfectly match the watch. a brushed SS buckle works just as well.

I - thanks for sharing this...mine cleared CN customs on 12/21 and should be here shortly...

terrific cg and crown!...what's your opinion of the dial "texture" and also the "ar"?...

btw - love the strap on the 177...who makes it?...

R-

dial texture is spot on, and AR is pretty darn good.. only a very slight tint of purple under certain lighting angles, but i dare say it's near colorless.. trust me, you'll love it!

the strap on my 177 is a Mario Paci XVI nubuck kodiak (in tan color).. it's a lovely strap, have had quite a few members ask me about it, pity MP says the strap is currently out of stock until next summer :shock:

I - thanks for sharing this...mine cleared CN customs on 12/21 and should be here shortly...

terrific cg and crown!...what's your opinion of the dial "texture" and also the "ar"?...

btw - love the strap on the 177...who makes it?...

R-

R......... I know You will absolutely LOVE it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It is without ANY question THE best titanium pam replica ever made ( apart from the movement!) .

The lume is VERY VERY nice But I think that the hands are from the same maker as DSN pams as it has the same color in "cloudy daylight".

By that I mean that the color of the indexes and hands are DIFFERENT in that kind of weather, but You will not notice that in sunny days and inside :whistling:

I do not know what color of the lume the genuine 177 has but I would like to have them more to the WHITE in color this one is more to the green .

I can not understand that it can take so long time for You to get it as I got my from Joshua in THREE days ( 19 dec and arrived in the morning 22 dec )to EU with EMS, maybe I was lucky?!

thank you very much for that fast answer burnz :)

and to the dial printig color..even when there is a difference, no one would notice that, i think it would be even hard to tell when you have both together in the hands, only macro shots would give it away :D so i think we are all fine, for me this watch is the surprise of the year, a great looking watch and for that price a absolutly must have :) im very impressed

after selling my 111 i was not thinking in buying a luminor marina pam again anytime soon, but after your pictures of the watch i couldnt resist burnz :D

hopefully it dosnt take to long to get it on my wrist hehe :D