When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got my big pilot!

penaduny

gallery_20550_51_610636.jpg

absolutely love it. wife surprised me with it for Christmas! what now though? this is my first Asian movement. usually i always get Swiss... i vaguely remember reading that if i have it serviced it will run smoother? not sure if that's true or not.... could somebody please help?

as usual, thank you guys again. i love the wealth of knowledge that's floating around in here!!!

ps. she got it from Andrew. not sure if that changes anything?

Edited by penaduny

Hi and congrats on the watch.

If you are thinking about keeping it in the long run, a service on the movement makes sense.

Additionally, I would mod the power reserve needle to indicate full 7 days charge. Perhaps a lume job and AR on crystal. But those are just extra preferences.

All in all, one of the best IWC reps in the game :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem with mine. You can order a new one from your dealer, or as my watchsmith did shorten the stem (I think that was what he did) and now you simply don´t need to screw it. It´s true there is a very small gap, but when wearing it you have to see it from a very short distance to even see it.