When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strange sound from planet ocean

miwan

Hi guys and happy new year to you all!

I just recieved my first rep 2 days ago and Im a bit confused about one

thing. It looks great and it seems to run very good too.

The problem is the sound. When I accidentily "shake it" just a little it starts to sound scary... like an old tractor or some for a second or 2 and then

it gets quiet again. Is this usual on reps? Since it is my first, I dont know what to expect from it. Is this normal and if so, what is it?

I have a planet ocean 422mm

Thanks,

Well im not there yet to pick the watch apart to have a look... :( I guess I need more reading first:)

This hobby is a bit to funny Im affraid.... Im allready looking for my next purchase (this hobby might be very expensive)

I guess I have been spending to much time here the last weeks, my girlfriend suggested that she would dress up like a watch to get my attention!

Kind of got the point but still, its really fun here so thank you for making this place so great!

The 4813 is a rep of a Miyota (Citizen) movement, what your hearing is commonly refered to as 'Miyota stutter' and it's totally normal for the movement. I have/had the same gen movement in two other gen watches and they both also make the noise as well. I suppose that it's an indication of a good rep if they manage to get even the annoyances correct ;)

Miyota Stutter

Edited by rcook

The 4813 is a rep of a Miyota (Citizen) movement, what your hearing is commonly refered to as 'Miyota stutter' and it's totally normal for the movement. I have/had the same gen movement in two other gen watches and they both also make the noise as well. I suppose that it's an indication of a good rep if they manage to get even the annoyances correct ;)

Miyota Stutter

Interesting, Thank you very much!

Much appreciated!