When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who Said Gens Are Perfect?

craigb

"It's a bit rich generalising many Rolex owners as dickheads."

My observation was from 40 years trading watches.

The past 20 years has brought about a huge increase in 'PH' r...x owners.

Before that, they were not so bad.

Since the advent of the internet, it seems they are everywhere.

'Tombzone' for instance. :animal_rooster:

Love the band, hate the fans, and not too crazy about the new albums, either! :)

Likewise, from my experience exchanging PMs, the guys I chat with on the rep forums are more pleasant, and much more knowledgeable/eager-to-learn than their incurious, gen-owning counterparts.

That sums it up perfectly :good::drinks:

It's a bit rich generalising many Rolex owners as dickheads. Women too? Sounds like penis envy. Every group has their [censored] whether they be Rolex owners or Rep watch guys whom take their fake watches into the AD trying to fool the staff. Pretty sure there is one of those every week posting their story on the boards. Lets not profile folk like the Casio F91W owners were.

I'd be pretty [censored] getting one of these lemons. Not just Rolex, there are pictures of Pateks with flaws too (can't find the thread), so no doubt affects all gen marques so a small extent. I'd be more interested in the exchange policy of Rolex. Surely they'd exchange it, right? Everyone is allowed to screw up, but they better damn fix it!

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if they were to just shrug and put it down to an unavoidable manufacturing flaw :whistling: