When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Straps Really Do Make a Difference to your PAM Family - Here's mine, lets see yours - picture heavy!

Mapman57

Like many PAM fans and collectors, I have far too many straps - even though I keep trying to sell some off - sell 4 and buy 5!!! :lol:

So, I spent some time rotating the straps amongst my modest PAM family and found that it really does make a difference to appearance :)

The biggest factor is that the strap can really influence the appearance of the dial and indices colours..........here's my favourite line up for now, in the main shots :cool:

Some family shots......showing the leather tones and textures :thumbsupsmileyanim:

SDC13916.jpg

SDC13918.jpg

SDC13901.jpg

SDC13902.jpg

Custom built Base 002 (old school case/EL dial/EL caseback/great CG) on a Heroic 18 with brushed H18 buckle........hand swap planned

SDC13908.jpg

SDC13911.jpg

SDC13899.jpg

On a different strap.....or two

SDC13707.jpg

SDC13706.jpg

SDC13336.jpg

Custom built (still in progress!) 005G (with Oncyte dial/custom caseback/nice fat CG) on a stunning Donerix vintage, again with H18 brushed buckle........H3 swap planned next

SDC13898.jpg

SDC13910.jpg

SDC13909.jpg

005G on something different....

SDC13670.jpg

SDC13667.jpg

Ultimate 164 with updated date mag and date wheel.......everything out of the box on rep rubber and deploy. I have a rather nice grey shark skin and embossed buckle lined up for this one. I do actually like the rubber on the auto, it makes a great business suit combination? CG mod planned.......

SDC13896.jpg

Last but not least my superlimed, vintaged and beaten up custom built Mini Fiddy on a fanastic soft, thick vintage Donerix strap - a real comfortable and favourinte combination with the vintage buckle styling.....

SDC13895.jpg

SDC13915.jpg

SDC13016.jpg

SDC13709.jpg

I am very interested to see some of your favourite combinations and collections.....come on lets get them up here :munch:

Edited by PMMUTD68

Love a good strap :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Always thought that the strap section should be a sub section in this section as its a real part of owning and enjoying a PAM :)

As ST mentioned the majority of us stick to Brown a safe option but I would love to see more guys posting pics of the more unusual for a reference ;)

I have seen a few PAMs with straps I wouldnt consider in a lifetime but on the watch it looks completely different.

I was/am always amazed at how say a 111 can look completely different with say a OEM Antique brown alligator to an OEM black Alligator same with a ammo etc etc just completely changes the whole look of the watch and occasions when the watch can be worn..

like this ...

Exactly mate, that strap would not even occur to me!! As I am sure stuff I have wouldnt occur to others and even if they do you cant visualise it especially on a particular model as they can all look like different watches depending on the strap

Thanks for sharing mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I agree Murph but although its less distracting the stitch lifts out the colour of the dial gives the watch a classy look but still keeps a theme :)

Well said Pete...Even though you put an extra vowel in the word "color"... :D;)

Blimey missed that mate but then English aint my first language !! ;)